What's new

ZenWifi XT8 Adding 3rd Node to Existing 2 Node MESH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rjbarker

Occasional Visitor
I've had the 2 Node XT8 MESH system running in my large 3 story home since Dec, been bullet proof since set-up.
Normally I would set this sort of thing up in the GUI, but for shvts n giggles I used the Asus App on my phone, worked great, super easy and fast.

Purchased a single Node pak to add a 3rd, again very easy!
With the Network (Main Router / Node + 2nd Node) all fully running:

- Unboxed the 3rd new Node
- Placed on a desk about 10 ft from my Main Router / Node.
- Powered it on.
- Went into my Asus Home Network GUI on my Mac Book, clicked on AI Mesh on the right side
- Clicked on "Add New Node to MESH" at the top.
- About minute later I got the "Success Your new Node added to the AI Mesh Network"
- Unplugged it, moved to where I wanted it, plugged it back in and about 30 sec later it automatically connected to my Mesh
- Done!

No LAN cables used at any time (as Ive red somewhere in here).
I'll have to update FW on all 3 as the 2 original are a different FW vs the new Node, but all seems to be working fine.

EDIT: Okay so updated all 3 at once on the Asus Phone App (its how Ive been doing the other 2 since Dec), about 3 min, all 3 updated to FW 42095

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!