What's new

ZenWifi XT8 Is there anyway other than hardwire to force a node to a closer node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davekstl

Regular Contributor
The RT-AX3000 is on the opposite wall of the Node in the Redbox in the image. But the RT-AX3000 keeps connecting to the Main Router 75 feet away.
I have rebooted the main router and the RT several times trying to force the RT to the closest node. However no success.
Is there a process to force it to the closet node?
Thanks

2020-11-10_9-32-54.png

The RT-AX3000 is on the opposite wall of the Node in the Redbox in the image. But the RT-AX3000 keeps connecting to the Main Router 75 feet away.
I have rebooted the main router and the RT several times trying to force the RT to the closest node. However no success.
Is there a process to force it to the closet node?
Thanks

View attachment 27562

AiMesh 2.0 beta RC2-7 permits setting the preferred backhaul route:

1605023218680.png

OE

Ok...this sounds great. But here it comes, how do I install the Beta or is that a bad idea. I have a ZenWifi XT2 (2 nodes counting the router) and a RT-AX3000. How do I install it? Does it get installed on all 3 items? Where do I find it?
Thanks

Ok...this sounds great. But here it comes, how do I install the Beta or is that a bad idea. I have a ZenWifi XT2 (2 nodes counting the router) and a RT-AX3000. How do I install it? Does it get installed on all 3 items? Where do I find it?
Thanks

This is the beta thread. I have not kept up on your router models. The current beta is RC2-7, so find the page that was announced on and read forward.

My index of RC2 releases:

Beta firmware is just another firmware upload. But you should be prepared for any imperfections. Read what others post about your models and their experience.

The linked Google drive lists the model specific beta firmware. Some models have more than one model identifier, so you will have to know yours and translate accordingly. Again, read the posts by those who have gone before you and lived to tell about it.

OE

Last edited:
So generically...if I install the new firmware, should the app reflect a new firmware version for the model I changed?
I am getting there .. thnaks

'app'? If you want to test properly, don't use an app. Use the browser on a real computer (and not a handheld device).

So generically...if I install the new firmware, should the app reflect a new firmware version for the model I changed?
I am getting there .. thnaks

Beta firmware is intended to behave like released firmware. So, if the firmware version changes, it will look like it should look. I would plan to run the same firmware level on all nodes, so all nodes should be running the beta firmware.

I don't use the app, so you'll have to determine how that behaves. I would not expect an app to keep up with beta firmware.

OE

Got it, it is running, so thank you

If you notice any "imperfections", report them in the beta thread to get them fixed.

OE

Can you please send the link to where I post items?
I have loaded Beta 2 on all three devices, now I am just playing.
Thanks

I already linked to the beta thread above.

It's not beta 2... it's RC2-7... Release Candidate 2, build 7.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!