What's new

ZenWifi XT8 - Router crashes when I start Win10 VPN (PPTP) client on Laptop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chadderski

New Around Here
Hi,

I am having a weird issue and was wondering whether anyone has experienced anything similar. When I try to connect to my work VPN using the Windows 10 VPN Client on my laptop it crashes the router forcing a reboot. I have checked the logs and there is nothing useful in there that points me in a direction that might help. I am running Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_25790.

On a previous NetGear router I had no issues with connecting and nothing has changed on the work network setup (no-one else is having issues).

Is there a way to get to the back end and see additional logging?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hi,

I am having a weird issue and was wondering whether anyone has experienced anything similar. When I try to connect to my work VPN using the Windows 10 VPN Client on my laptop it crashes the router forcing a reboot. I have checked the logs and there is nothing useful in there that points me in a direction that might help. I am running Firmware Version: 3.0.0.4.386_25790.

On a previous NetGear router I had no issues with connecting and nothing has changed on the work network setup (no-one else is having issues).

Hi Chadderski,

I have a similar issue, my XT8 resets when I connect to my office using a NCP VPN client (Juniper edition) from a Windows laptop. This does not happen with my old Asus RT-N66U router. I have a support ticket open with Asus and have provided logs and config, they say they are trying to reproduce it. I have other machines on my network that use GlobalProtect and Cisco Anyconnect VPN clients which don't cause this problem.

I'll post here if I get any more info.

Mike

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, have you found a solution?

Tried to update to latest firmware and done a Hard Factory Reset, the problem persists

R1

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!