What's new

ZenWifi XT8 Slow Node Ethernet Speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jakej1020

New Around Here
I am currently having a strange issue with my devices. Using ethernet to a laptop connected to the main unit, I am getting 900+ Mbps down and up. When using ethernet to the node (same device and ethernet cable), I am only getting about 300 down and 800 up. I was originally trying this in another room, but just to be safe I moved the node to be within 3m of the main unit, but I get the exact same results. This is specifically with the wireless backhaul on the second 5 Ghz band. The ethernet backhaul works perfect but that is not an option for my usage. QoS is disabled, enabling/disabling the firewall made no difference, I also attempted using different channels and even making sure I was on a channel that was not radar sensitive. Here is some of the info on the 5.2 band (that I confirmed is used for backhaul) in my wireless log:

RSSI PHY PSM SGI STBC MUBF NSS BW Tx rate Rx rate
-49dBm ax No Yes Yes Yes 4 160M 2882.3M 2882.3M

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!