What's new

ZyXEL PLA4205 or Netgear XAVB5101 or something else...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nyrhix

New Around Here
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I would really like your help.I am between PLA4205 and XAVB5101 and cannot decide.I need some solid information of these two homeplugs about the build quality,features,performance and so on and ofcourse disadvantages or issues with the products because I do not have the luxury to return them.I am planning to buy them from ebay.I read many reviews but most of them differ from each other in terms of performance,issues and I got confused.Currently,I use the Belkin Powerline 200Mbps Surf Kit which I borrowed from a friend for testing purposes.Ofcourse,any further suggestions regarding similar products is accepted.Thank you for your time.

Homeplug adapters tend to be more alike than different. You should buy from somewhere that you can return them because there is a chance they may not work well enough with your home's electric wiring.

The biggest decision is whether to buy 200 or 500 Mbps products. Performance of 200 Mbps products tend to not degrade as much over distance as 500 Mbps. But 500 Mbps can provide higher maximum throughput.

Both products you are considering have been reviewed and are 500 Mbps products.

If you are happy with the performance of the 200 Mbps adapters that you are using, then just get another pair of them or another 200 Mbps product.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!