What's new

Zyxel USG 50 Configuration Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

elektrobot

New Around Here
Hello,

I have a USG 50 that I put into place a few weeks in my small business, and aside from coding the static IP info from my ISP, all the settings are just defaults.

I have a 16 port unmanaged switch connect to the USG 50, and all of my workstations and printers are patched to the switch.

I have one printer that is really flaky, it disappears, it reappears, it can't be connected to but if you restart the printer or a computer then you can connect to it.....

I would like to try connecting the printer directly to the USG 50 and create a static IP for the printer on that port.

Is it possible to assign a static IP to one of the ports on the USG 50?

Thanks for any info.

ZyXEL USG50 Configuration - solution

Hello there - I'm here from ZyXEL and would like to help you out.

There are a couple of ways to do this ...here's one.

The easiest way to set a static address, is to reserve it.

* On the dashboard, there is a System Status widget, and within this widget there is an option to open the DHCP table.
* Once open (see attached screen shot) find the current IP of the printer, or search by MAC address, and simply check the box to reserve this IP for the printer only

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Attachments

• ZyXEL-USG50-DHCP_Reservation.png
    ZyXEL-USG50-DHCP_Reservation.png
    57.5 KB · Views: 447
Can you tell us more about the printer thats acting flaky. make/model #?

Have you checked to see if there's a manufacturers firmware update for the printer?

And yes, kudos to Zyxel for participating and helping a customer. Wish this kind of thing happened more frequently.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!