What's new

5mhz issues with RT-AC56U and latest macbook pro retina(late 2013)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

narvi

New Around Here
I have some issues connecting to 5mhz network. If macbook wakes from sleep i can't see 5mhz network. If i reboot router and then macbook, when they are close to each other everything ok, laptop sees the network and everything working just fine. When i open the lid after sleep - no 5mhz network

I don't understand, it's a macbook bug or RT-AC56U bug

What can be a problem? 5mhz network working just fine, i tried connecting to it with iPhone. iPhone sees it every time.

Try to use Regulatory d (for 2.4) and d+h (for 5.0) on the router. You can find it in Merlin's soft 38_2 or 39_0 on Professional tab Wireless Menu. This should help with Mac communication, especially when higher 5 GHz channel used.

I have the AC66U and the new MBA. Only thing I've experienced, very rarely, is sometimes the MBA didn't refresh the wifi and I couldn't see nearby networks. But it always connects when waking up for me. I'd definitely run Merlin's software if you aren't already and see if that fixes anything. He knocks out firmware bugs more often than asus, plus it's just better as he's added more features.

Sent from my iPhone