What's new

802.1x Radius Bad Implementation HELP!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

-KS-Silence[AU]

Occasional Visitor
It would appear that ASUS doesnt know how to correctly implement 802.1x Radius....

Its not that it doesnt work at all because it does BUT... You can only use it on one Radio (2.4Ghz or 5ghz) At a TIME, NOT BOTH....

Why? Asus by the looks thought it would be a good idea for each Radio to have its own RADIUS Client and this is the problem... From any IP you can have ONLY ONE client at a time, Atleast when your Radius Server is Windows Server anyways... ONLY ONE ACTIVE RADIUS CLIENT PER DEVICE / IP IS PERMITTED AT ANY TIME!

does anyone know how to force the router to use ONLY ONE RADIUS client for BOTH radios like almost all other RADIUS supporting routers do? I need Radius on both my Radios and at the Moment i can only use it on one or the other....

Remember, Radius itself isnt the problem here, Radius itself works... The problem is the stupid implementation by ASUS...

- -KS-Silence