What's new

a few Suspected bugs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pila

Regular Contributor
Asus RT-AC56U, fw380.57

AP WLAN clients not shown bug

Network map, Clients - View list - Asus douter does not show anything connected to separate AP WLAN. Devices connected to this separate AP (router) via LAN are shown correctly in Asus.

Android app shows devices connected to AP WLAN (as LAN connected which is OK). Router used as AP is TP-Link Archer C2, SSIDs are different.

Auto Logout does not work when user tries to change something

Administration, Auto Logout set to 0 means - No autologout. I can normally connect to a router and watch whatever I want. But, as soon as i try to change anything and apply the change, I will be logged out (without change beeing applied). Unless there is somewhere a setting for this (disable autolog for appying changes), this is a bug. If 0 is entered, router should never log user out.

Traffic Analyzer showing possibly wrong totals or lacking ability to filter

Traffic Analyzer -> Traffic Monitor -> (e.g.) Monthly shows probably a total amount transferred over the network. At least, it should state what is totaled here.

Likely, it should show here WAN traffic, not total of everything. Best would be to be able to filter displayed totals: WAN, LAN, WLAN 2.4, WLAN 5,

Additionally, when changed from Realtime Montly to Per device monthly, numbers are different (realtime numbers are larger for me).

Administration, Auto Logout set to 0 means - No autologout. I can normally connect to a router and watch whatever I want. But, as soon as i try to change anything and apply the change, I will be logged out (without change beeing applied). Unless there is somewhere a setting for this (disable autolog for appying changes), this is a bug. If 0 is entered, router should never log user out.

Being logged out while making changes to the Administration page is normal, as the web server needs to be restarted then. However no other page should log you out - it doesn't for me.

Refined my test. problem is not obvious.

1. Log in, autologout is set to 0. Everything works.
2. After some longer time, more than 60 minutes, I open my router, and am automatically logged in. Simple command: VPN -> OpenVPN Clients -> On/Off toggle to another state = results in immediate autologout and login page presented. Change On/Off toggle was not accepted.

But, If I login and then close / open my Router pages, I am good for probably about 60 minutes. It is after these (about) 60 minutes expire, I am logged out whenever I try to change anything, really anything, not admin struff.

Refined my test. problem is not obvious.

1. Log in, autologout is set to 0. Everything works.
2. After some longer time, more than 60 minutes, I open my router, and am automatically logged in. Simple command: VPN -> OpenVPN Clients -> On/Off toggle to another state = results in immediate autologout and login page presented. Change On/Off toggle was not accepted.

But, If I login and then close / open my Router pages, I am good for probably about 60 minutes. It is after these (about) 60 minutes expire, I am logged out whenever I try to change anything, really anything, not admin struff.

One of my two 5300s behaves as you describe, the one configured as an AP. It did on the previous version as well.

Administration, Auto Logout set to 0 means - No autologout.

From a programming point: feels like there are two AutoLogInTime variables in existence. One that gets checked when user opens GUI initially and another which gets checked before committing any changes. First one gets changed when user changes value in GUI, second remains stuck on previously set 60 minutes. Probably, there should be only one such global variable.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!