What's new

AB-Solution 2.0 is out! (v2.0.1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

your RT-AC68U did it in 7 seconds
It really depends on the mood of the router. I see a much wider variety with my AC87U than the two 66U's I have.
It's a nice gimmick. No more.
203012 hosts are now blocked
I had one a one million hosts file for thesting on the 87U, it was still chugging happily away. Still, would not recommend too great a file. Yours is about what I regularly use. (in answer to your question in a previous post of yours).

I had been using the medium hosts file for some time with no problems... however since you fixed some issues with the adaway file i thought i may as well give it a try. Since I'm using pixelserv too, I'm assuming any https ads coming in from these new hosts will make that use some extra cpu cycles as well.

I had been using the medium hosts file for some time with no problems... however since you fixed some issues with the adaway file i thought i may as well give it a try. Since I'm using pixelserv too, I'm assuming any https ads coming in from these new hosts will make that use some extra cpu cycles as well.
Don't mix Swiss Chocolate with Swiss Watches. Both are known for their excellence, are safe to use and well regarded worldwide.

The server that runs adaway.org serves https requests only as of late.
Thus, getting the hosts file requires a workaround to receive it (the --no-check-certificate case switcher around line 59 in the script).
This has not much to do with the ads served by a https ads server. This is handled by pixelserv-tls.

Hello,
Everything has been working fine until today. I installed entware and pixelserv-tls. Pixelserv is running, although 2 instances show up in process list, but when I ran the ./ab-solution.sh it said I had an error in configuration type 22. I did and it found:

checking /jffs/scripts/post-mount
OK, file found
post-mount is NOT OK, missing entries
checking symlink state
OK, file found
symlink state is NOT OK, missing entries

I am not sure why these would throw errors now. I tried to re-create the symlink by toggling it in the menu, but still got the same error.

I figure it is some conflict between ab-solution and entware/pixelserv but not sure what it would be. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hello,
Everything has been working fine until today. I installed entware and pixelserv-tls. Pixelserv is running, although 2 instances show up in process list, but when I ran the ./ab-solution.sh it said I had an error in configuration type 22. I did and it found:

checking /jffs/scripts/post-mount
OK, file found
post-mount is NOT OK, missing entries
checking symlink state
OK, file found
symlink state is NOT OK, missing entries

I am not sure why these would throw errors now. I tried to re-create the symlink by toggling it in the menu, but still got the same error.

I figure it is some conflict between ab-solution and entware/pixelserv but not sure what it would be. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Entware replaced the file /jffs/scripts/post-mount.
It saved a backup of all the files to the root of your USB device in jffs_scripts_backup_<date>.tgz
Untar the file and find the missing entries in post-mount, copying them back into /jffs/scripts/post-mount will make the error go away.
Until then, pixelserv-tls will not work as AB-Solution cannot run.

update-hosts.sh version 1.4 Hotfix released.
Run (cu) to update.

Changelog update-hosts.sh 1.4
Hotfix: If you use custom Block IP (cb) and have IPv6 enabled, your hosts-adblock may contain unusable IPv6 entries.
Update to this version and run (u) to fix it.

Last edited:
AB-Solution 2.1 preview teaser.
The "error" message I have wanted to see for a while.

3TSK44y.png

Last edited:
Thanks! What are the steps to activate pixelserv-tls please ?

1.) "cb"
2.) ?
AB-Solution 2.1 preview teaser.
German Translation:
AB-Solution 2.1 Vorschau 'schau her was die kommende Version bieten wird'.
(for once, German has no adequate word for Teaser).

It saved a backup of all the files to the root of your USB device in jffs_scripts_backup_<date>.tgz
Untar the file and find the missing entries in post-mount, copying them back into /jffs/scripts/post-mount will make the error go away.
Until then, pixelserv-tls will not work as AB-Solution cannot run.

I added the lines back in from the last backup that was made and it still shows that error. The file now looks like this:
#!/bin/sh

# generated by AB-Solution 1.07
if [ -d "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ];then
sleep 2
service restart_dnsmasq
logger "AB-Solution added entries via post-mount"
fi

if [ "$1" = "/tmp/mnt/sda1" ] ; then
ln -nsf $1/entware /tmp/opt
fi

# generated by AB-Solution 1.07
Are you running v1.07?
Surely not. The backup of the file you used was made when you updated AB-Solution from version 1.07 to 2.o or 2.0.1 and it made it to
/adblocking/backup/<the file you copied the posted content from>
I said:

Speaking of Entware in the above thread:
Since Entware and AB-Solution installations wipe each others /jffs/scripts/post-mount entries, I have gone far to make sure AB-Solution does not wipe Entware (or other entries) in /jffs/ with the upcoming AB-Solution version 2.1.

In fact, I plan to release code as an 'advanced-entware-setup.sh' (or some such name) .
This will be a smarter entware-setup.sh that the Merlin firmware comes with.
Stay tuned.

Interesting stuff....How will it play with an existing installation of Entware/Pixelserv-tls? Only available as a fresh install?

Interesting stuff....How will it play with an existing installation of Entware/Pixelserv-tls? Only available as a fresh install?
Can you read shell script code?

Here is the code for the check.
Basically, if no Entware --> Good to go
If Entware installed, package pixelserv-tls available --> Good to go
Everything else is a NO GO.

And the aaahhh and the part before are just a placeholder, I know what I'm doing.

mAqJMCB.png

I can see how the scripts checks your current install.... I don't know how many people install entware from the merlin code.....i did mine following the HQT site instructions. Think your code should work for either.

I can see how the scripts checks your current install.... I don't know how many people install entware from the merlin code.....i did mine following the HQT site instructions. Think your code should work for either.
Enter:
which opkg

First I'm hearing of this AB Solution thing. What does it do for your router? I'm running Merlins lastest .62 on an ASUS AC 1900P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk