What's new

AB-Solution 2.0 is out! (v2.0.1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Well now I have my PC up - restart of that (and cleared the DNS cache of course) solved that. However I still have no luck with my Android Tablets. Will have to figure this out some how....

Sorry my fault, my PC is back in the same problem, don't know why I could see the web site - however now I can not. So back to tracing...

Last edited:
Well here is the thing elorimer: I do not use any adblock in the browser in any of the cases, I only have the AB-Solution active. And to compare I tried the Google Data Compression (which I knows uses Googles own DNS servers and therefore never will be triggered by AB-Solution since it is bypassed).

So lost, well I don't know about that. I have an interesting issue with a site in Sweden that for the moment does not work due to DNS/HostFile blocking. And the only thing blocking is, tada, AB-Solution.
Sorry, I was confused by all that in post #91. When I go to that site I get the full page and maybe 6 or 7 ad calls that are blocked.

Hi
Maybe developer can think about add new function:
- when page is block show screen with info in web browser
- add option to white and black list to allow or block page for specific IP or range IP from local network

Hi
Maybe developer can think about add new function:
- when page is block show screen with info in web browser
Not possible with AB-Solution alone and not going to happen. Not even if pixelserv-tls is used that adds (theoretically) that option.
This is an ad blocker, you really don't want to know if an advertisement got blocked. I am here for the web experience, not for reading some 'news' about what gets blocked in a web page.
AB-Solution just blocks, that's all people want.
- add option to white and black list to allow or block page for specific IP or range IP from local network
This is a built in function in /Parental Controls/DNS-Filtering/.
You can selectively exclude clients from ad blocking by adding them individually to DNS Filtering.

Last edited:
Not possible with AB-Solution alone and not going to happen. Not even if pixelserv-tls is used that adds (theoretically) that option.
This is an ad blocker, you really don't want to know if an advertisement got blocked. I am here for the web experience, not for reading some 'news' about what gets blocked in a web page.

This is a built in function by Asus in /Parental Controls/DNS-Filtering/.
You can selectively exclude clients from ad blocking by adding them individually to DNS Filtering.

But how i must setup it ? Example i have enable AD-Block and i want add two IP clients from local network to white list(for this client AD-Block not working).

But it is not for AD-Block. It is for filter page by DNS.

Turn the ad blocker off then go to a website that has ads, then switch it back on and see the difference. Try this website for example http://youyield.com
I done as you write but when disable AD-Block page open ok. But when now enable AD-Block page still can open. No blocking

Screen with info that page was blocking because has more AD i think is good option becuase sometime user dont know why page is not open.

Screen with info that page was blocking because has more AD i think is good option becuase sometime user dont know why page is not open.
Like I said, not possible with AB-Solution alone. YOU KNOW that ad blocking is on, so go figure out why.
But it is not for AD-Block. It is for filter page by DNS.
Then I don't understand what you mean with:
This does exactly what I understood you want. Excluding a client from using ad blocking within your LAN.

Yes i want add client to exclude to no blockin AD for this clients.
So?
You go to /Parental Controls/DNS-Filtering/
- set 'Enable DNS-based Filtering' to ON
- set 'Global Filter Mode' to 'NO filtering'
- fill in 'Custom (user-defined) DNS 1' with, for example, Google's DNS 8.8.8.8
- select your client(s) in the Client List and set 'Filter Mode' 'Custom 1'
- click Apply

Now the client(s) in the Client list get the DNS from google and not from your router.
This is how you exclude clients from ad blocking.

Ahhh ok thanks

But if i want no blocking only one page for one client i can add items to white list by specific IP ?

But if i want no blocking only one page for one client i can add items to white list by specific IP ?
Not sure what you mean.
And I'm not sure you understand the 'AB' part of AB-Solution either.

AB stands for Ad Blocking. It's an ad blocking Solution.
This is (mostly) all that AB-Solution can do:
Blocking ads on all devices within your LAN.

Everything else you do outside of my app in the router UI.
Like excluding clients or set parental controls for specific clients.

I want set white list example one address to no blocking ads for one client.

i can add items to white list by specific IP
No, why would you? Is an IP a domain?
It says in the whitelist.txt:

# Please support SmallNetBuilder.com by leaving these in the whitelist. Thanks
# Add whitelisted Domains in the same format as these:
vma.tgdaily.net
tgdaily.net
assets.omidoo.com
z-na.amazon-adsystem.com
servedby.flashtalking.com
flashtalking.com
ad2.netshelter.net

Last edited:
FWIW: Today expressen just works like it always has... I have no idea why or anything - and since it works well I put this in the stranger things box....

FWIW: Today expressen just works like it always has... I have no idea why or anything - and since it works well I put this in the stranger things box....

Put these in your whitelist

ads.rubiconproject.com
sync.richmetrics.com
bomcl.richmetrics.com
panel2.research-int.se
metrics.expressen.se
bn-01.adtomafusion.com
ads.rubiconproject.com