What's new

AB-Solution 2.0 is out! (v2.0.1)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Using nano, or download WinSCP. Connection type must be set to scp. Same login credentials as with ssh.

I'm not using windows, and I'm trying to find a way to install nano on the asus router. Do I have to install entware to able to install nano?

Vi is built in.

BTW, the built in entware-setup.sh wipes the AB-Solution start entries.

vi does the job thanks. I'm now trying to change the host file to a smaller one by typing "h", which seems to do nothing.

It's ok, I've sorted that out by enabling the adblock
...and here I'm wondering how any ads got blocked when ad-blocking was set to off.
Also, that message to enable ad-blocking first before you can change the hosts file type is pretty clear in it's wording.

No, not automatically. You will have to configure pixelserv-tls yourself to do that.
But since you mention it, I _may_ have reconsidered my opinion about not fully supporting (and installing and configure) pixelserv-tls as part of AB-Solution.
I understood your view about not complicating your script. You would need it to check that entware was installed, install pixelserv, set its config file for the custom IP, for the time stamp correction, change post-mount to include entware and ab-solution, change wan-start to add the bridge, and then deal with the certificates. That's a lot, and maybe it would be enough just to display a page with instructions, or maybe a submenu that checked each step as the user did it outside the script.

Plus, it looks like .ki is soon on the way.

And _maybe_ there's a sizable and interesting part of code in my local ab-solution.sh that might be of interest to some.
Maybe.

Oh! Oh! do tell....

minor issue w/whitelist.
i added an entry princessauto.com , i used "p" to update the whilelist but the "reviews" tab for products in princessauto.com will not display, the reviews are not external links
if i disable adblocking the princessauto page will display correctly

minor issue w/whitelist.
i added an entry princessauto.com , i used "p" to update the whilelist but the "reviews" tab for products in princessauto.com will not display, the reviews are not external links
if i disable adblocking the princessauto page will display correctly

remove princessauto.com and add this to the whitelist :

display.ugc.bazaarvoice.com

I've just tried it and the review now shows up

Last edited:
thx, it worked, how did you find that url....in the page source code?

It's all in the wording, just kidding. If you start ab-solution menu and type "f" (follow the log file) then press enter then go to your website's product page, the adblocker will then show you a list ads it has blocked on that specific page. I just then entered a couple of block ads addresses to the whitelist then narrowed it down.

It's all in the wording, just kidding. If you start ab-solution menu and type "f" (follow the log file) then press enter then go to your website's product page, the adblocker will then show you a list ads it has blocked on that specific page. I just then entered a couple of block ads addresses to the whitelist then narrowed it down.
cool, i new that log file was good for something

Hi

I have a questions...
How i can disable or then enable AB-Solution ?

How i can test it and see in log that example site is ok block:
honor.agitaattori.fi/rncbu3.html

Thanks

But how test it that ad-block works ok and blocks ok ?

Might be maybe not the right forum thread, and if so accept my applogies:

Since installing AdBlock this way I seem to get into problems with one site in Sweden:
www.expressen.se

When I look a bit closer I find something very small in the top left corner - is this a anti-ad-blocker or something? Any ideas how to solve this?

And tell me how add address to block domain but for specific address ip from my local network ? Example for two computers my children... but for my computer not blocking

And when i use AD-Blocking i need disable protection implement in ASUS TrendMicro ?