What's new

AC66U - Can't install Merlin firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

meh123

New Around Here
Hi, I have downloaded Merlin and John's fork and unfortunately when trying to swap to either of these firmware, I get the below message. I want to use OpenVPN and from what I read John's fork has nice optimisations that can increase the bandwidth. Is there anything I can do? Is anyone else encountering the same issue?

upload_2019-1-17_8-12-16.png

There is no Merlin support for RT-AC66U anymore, how could you have tried with his firmware?

Do you really have an RT-AC66U or is it an RT-aC66U_B1, if later you have to use firmware for 68U!
And Johns fork needs to be loaded with mini-web or Asus restauration tool.

There is no Merlin support for RT-AC66U anymore, how could you have tried with his firmware?

Do you really have an RT-AC66U or is it an RT-aC66U_B1, if later you have to use firmware for 68U!
And Johns fork needs to be loaded with mini-web or Asus restauration tool.

Hey! Thanks for reply. I downloaded the legacy version of Merlin (380.7). I checked on the router itself and the label says "RT-AC66U". How would I use mini-web tool?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!