What's new

AC68U , AC56U - playing blu-ray file from NAS was Freeze every 10-15Mins

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chungsm

Occasional Visitor
why connect nas and media player , when playing blu-ray file , the screen was freeze every 10-15Mins , freeze approximately 10-15 Seconds , then fast forward the lost 10-15 Seconds .

90Mins Movie , this condition appear 10 to 12 times , Is the Firmware Problem . I am using 374_43_2 firmware , 374_43_0 also abnormal.

When I change to RT-N66U , no such FREEZE appear during playing the movie.

The hardware I already TEST several times , It was absolutely running NORMAL.

Please Help....

Many Thanks

Well, I am no expert since I haven't set one of these up yet but I will go off what I have read.

How is your NAS set up? Do you have any other wireless devices running in your location?

Finally, how are you streaming to your media player? Via the Minidlna?

My NAS setup as NFS transfer the BLU-RAY File to my Media Player (Pioneer BDP-450) ,

Only AC68U wireless router is running .

When I change to RT-N66U , runnung normal and smooth . Was the AC router affect the media file ?

Are using the wireless dongle for the pioneer or plugging directly into the router via Ethernet?

The dongle supports • Standard Compliance IEEE 802.11b/g/n
• Security protocols: WEP, WPA, WPA2

I would try setting your wireless on the ac680 such that the 2.4Ghz band only uses 20mhz channel and use the site tool in the webUI to make sure you aren't on a channel that has a lot of traffic in your geography. The 20/40mhz combo and 40 MHz only option can cause lots of issues for people.

I am using cat6 cable to connect form router to GIGA switch then connect to all device (NAS,MEDIA PLAYER)

yes , all device is connect to GIGA switch.
Also I try to direct plug to router lan port , It's also freeze screen.

If you have your blu-ray player directly connected to one of the ethernet LAN ports and it is still freezing then i am guessing the issue might be in one of the following locations:

1.) How you set up your minidlna on the AC68U

2.) The firmware on your Blu-ray player may require an update

When you set up your AC680U did you do it manually or did you import a settings file from your RT-N66U?

I am using cat6 cable to connect form router to GIGA switch then connect to all device (NAS,MEDIA PLAYER)

You are using another switch to connect all devices via CAT6?
..so your setup should be working (playing the media OK) when there is *no* router connected at all.

When you state that it does work only with a N66U instead of a AC68U, my first guess is an IP-Address conflict.
The AC68U handing out different IPs that the N66U...and some my even be hard-configured in your devices, maybe?

so your setup should be working (playing the media OK) when there is *no* router connected at all. ---- YES

IP-Address conflict ---- I don't unerstand what this mean.

NAS --- I set the static ip to it

1.) How you set up your minidlna on the AC68U --- What is MINIDLNA ?

2.) The firmware on your Blu-ray player may require an update --- Aleady the newest FW.

When you set up your AC680U did you do it manually or did you import a settings file from your RT-N66U? ---- manuel input all setting .

I already try 3 AC Router , AC68U , AC56U , Netgaer R7000 ang got the same result --- freeze screen and lagging .

Last edited:
One more stranger question --- merlin fw when BT(using UTORRENT , can not set the portward to a FIX PORT.

Change to ASUS original FW , no problem at all.

so your setup should be working (playing the media OK) when there is *no* router connected at all. ---- YES

IP-Address conflict ---- I don't unerstand what this mean.

NAS --- I set the static ip to it

In your network you have a limited number of IPs to use and each IP address can only be used once at the same time.
If there are two devices using the same IP inside the same netwotk at the same time, there is an address conflict and the devices won't be able to communicate properly.

Normally each device gets assigned an IP address. You can do this manually, in a static configuration or automatically via DHCP. Your Router in your network normally runs a DHCP server, handing out IP addresses to client-devices (they request one from the DHCP-server when they start up and if they are not configured with a static IP). If you configured IPs manually as static in some devices, you must ensure that the DHCP server in the router does not hand out these IPs to other client-devices (the router does not know what you have assigned manually to other devices).

I see a good chance that this is actually happening in your set-up with a router employed (because you state that without a router, all devices using static addresses, everything works OK).
- try to move all clients to dynamic addresses, handed out by the router DHCP.
You can force the DHCP server to hand-out the same IP for the same client every time (which makes it kind of static)
- disable the DHCP-Server in the router if every client in your home uses static IPs.
- configure the DHCP server to use a range of IPs that will not conflict with the statically configured IPs.

Thanks , I try to setup static ip later.
Howcome using N66U , no such problem happen , very stanger.
Only happen on AC router .

...maybe you configured the N66U internal DHCP server differently than the one in the ASUS (enabled/disabled)?
Also note that you can only have *one* DHCP-Server in your network (i.e. connecting two ASUS with default settings - where DHCP-server is ON - at the same time to your network/switch is a bad idea)

I'd refuse from using static IPs in my network. I'd configure the DHCP server to hand-out the same IP for a specific client...in the ASUS you can configure this easily.
This way you only have to chnage *one* config and not each individual client....more convenient and less prone to errors (mis-configuration, like duplicate IPs).

If you need further help, I'd suggest you do draw a diagram with the main devices in your network and used IP ranges and addresses.

AC68U and N66U , I do the same setting. Both use DHCP , I didn't connect AC68U and N66U at same time.

How to draw a diagram .
My network was : ISP Modem - N66U - GIGA Switch (Media Player , NAS , IPTV...)

OK...some more questions...

- what are the IPs assigned to the devices (the ones that are static) and what
is the netmask and default route assigned on that devices?

- what kind of switch is that (smart-)managed or dumb?

- what is the IP-network and IP-range configured in both ASUS DHCP servers?

The IP of the MEDIA PLAYER is 192.168.1.190/255.255.255.0

Netgear GS716T Managed Switch

IP Range see attach photo

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 433

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!