What's new

AC68U openvpn issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

redstone

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have some issue when setting up the openvpn server. My firmware version is 384.13. I exported the configure file and imported on my android phone, which is running android 10. I am using UDP wiht 1194. My ac68u is behind a modem/router. Port forwarding is setup on the modem.
I can connect to the openvpn with cell phone network. I can connect to my windows desktop using RDP or SSH to my ubuntu. But it seems I can't use the browser to visit any webpage. It seems that anything the requires DNS wou't work.
Can you please tell me where I made the mistake?
1.png

Update: It seems like the issue is that I need to restart the browser app on my phone to make it work. I think the problem is solved for now.

Last edited:
On the General page, try setting “Client will use vpn to access” to Both and see if that helps.

by the way, if you’re not using the Client specific options, it might be best to turn it off.

On the General page, try setting “Client will use vpn to access” to Both and see if that helps.

by the way, if you’re not using the Client specific options, it might be best to turn it off.
Thanks for reply. It is set as "both".

Can your client "ping 8.8.8.8"?

What about "nslookup www.google.com"?

Have you made any changes to the router's default DNS settings? Try changing "Advertise DNS to clients" and see if that makes a difference.

Can your client "ping 8.8.8.8"?

What about "nslookup www.google.com"?

Have you made any changes to the router's default DNS settings? Try changing "Advertise DNS to clients" and see if that makes a difference.
i tried to reset the openvpn, it worked after the reset. however, after a few days, without changing anything, the issue reappeared.
I can ping 8.8.8.8 and nslookup looks normal. But like what happened before, it seems that anything requires DNS would not work.

I can ping 8.8.8.8 and nslookup looks normal. But like what happened before, it seems that anything requires DNS would not work.
nslookup uses DNS. Can you post the output of nslookup from the malfunctioning client.

Update: It seems like the issue is that I need to restart the browser app on my phone to make it work. I think the problem is solved for now.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!