What's new

AC87U WiFi 5G channel issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MarioCaires

Regular Contributor
Anyone else having issues with selection of lower channels like 36 on the 5G band? After applying settings it just changes to higher channels like 112...

I have found that my devices works much better with lower channels on the 5G however no matter which channel I select it just ignores it!

I'm on latest Merlin firmware 380.66

Anyone else having issues with selection of lower channels like 36 on the 5G band? After applying settings it just changes to higher channels like 112...
This could be due to your region/country regulations - see Wikipedia for the allowed channels at your place.

But it also depends where your router was bought: If it's a EU version it has the EU Channel List limitations... ;)

Last edited:
No issues here in Canada - set to channel 36 , Bandwidth: 80MHz, Wireless Mode: Auto, Extended Channel: Auto

Fixed it with a Factory reset! Was trying to avoid it, however as it is fixed now that's alright...
TBH this may be the first time a reset really fixed something for me! :)

Zirescu, that's what I am using now as well! I have installed the Android O Dev 2 on my Nexus 6P and seems like this version doesn't like the higher 5G channels with 40/80MHz bandwidth, only worked with 20MHz bandwidth which I could only get around 173Mbps max! Changed to the channel 36 now and the phone is connected at 80MHz with link at 866Mbps.

Last edited: