What's new

Advanced preview of build 25 (NFS)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
While build 270.24 is simmering in the hands of testers, work has been going well toward the next build to come after that:

jK7sS

The path selection uses the same code as Asus wrote for the Media Server page - i.e. you can navigate through your plugged disk folder trees to select the directory you wish to export.

Hi,
Sorry NSF Exports should read NFS Exports?

hope they will work on increasing file speed transfer from usb also :D

I was able to push a quick read test at 17 MB/s, so about 2 MB/s faster.

Hello,

When will the beta test start?

Great Feature Merlin! Gratz!

Is there any chance to add support for HFS+ (Mac File System) in your builds?

TKS!

Great Feature Merlin! Gratz!

Is there any chance to add support for HFS+ (Mac File System) in your builds?

TKS!

Can't. Would require a different build of Paragon's proprietary driver to properly implement it. I'm surprised Asus only licensed their NTFS-enabled version, as Paragon licenses both versions. The WDTV has the licence for both.

Hello.

Merlin, were you able to export a NTFS partition and then mounted it in a linux machine?

Thanks.

I didn't try - AFAIK, exporting NTFS over NFS isn't officially supported.

Ok thanks. How can i utilize it?. Iam on Windows 8 activated the Nfs option and mounted the shared usb harddisk. I measured the speed, but it was the same as before.
Note:eek:n windows side when I search the shared network drives I found the whole usb drive content even if I set only one single folder under the nfs tab page.
What did I wrong?

Sorry for the silly question but what is NFS?

Network File System. Google it, been around for a long time, *lots* of information out there about it. Originally designed and implemented by SUN Microsystems, been ported to a lot of OS's. Used to share file systems on the network.

Last edited:
Network File System. Google it, been around for a long time, *lots* of information out there about it. Originally designed and implemented by SUN Microsystems, been ported to a lot of OS's. Used to share file systems on the network.

Did it but didn't find the way to use it with win8

I have just found that nfs client is not part of w8 pro. Can you recommend me a 3rd party solution?