What's new

AI mesh with different firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bvanma28

New Around Here
Will AI mesh work if one router is using Merlin firmware and the other is using standard ASUS firmware? I’m looking at the GT6 mesh routers, which don’t currently have Merlin support and expanding with my preexisting ASUS routers that run Merlin.

Will AI mesh work if one router is using Merlin firmware and the other is using standard ASUS firmware? I’m looking at the GT6 mesh routers, which don’t currently have Merlin support and expanding with my preexisting ASUS routers that run Merlin.

Generally the recommendation is run Merlin on the main router and factory firmware on the nodes. Just keep them on the same code base like 386 or 388 on all (not technically a requirement but a best practice).

This tri-band GT6 set may or may not be a good fit to existing routers. What models are the existing routers? Wired or wireless AiMesh?