What's new

...and for those looking for some pixie dust for their RT-N66U...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Whats the difference between loading this experimental firmware vs 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 1? I'm a bit confused. Dont they both have the new SDK?

Thanks

Whats the difference between loading this experimental firmware vs 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 1? I'm a bit confused. Dont they both have the new SDK?

Thanks

This one uses the SDK6, that's been used with the Asus rt-ac66u. 374.33_beta1 and predecessors of it from RMerlin use the old wireless drivers, not the SDK6. And Asus just switched over from SDK5 to SDK6 with their new firmware 374.720.

Kind of confusing, just think of the SDK6 firmware as "new wave" *smile*.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I understand now.

I gave it a whirl and unfortunately, I was getting terrible performance on both the LAN and the WAN with this firmware. Even the signal strength dropped an the temperatures also went up. The download speeds were horrendous, but the upload speeds seem to work great. I never reached over 4mbps download speeds over the LAN on Wifi and my speed tests on a hard line over the WAN were about 10mbps under my cap and very choppy on the DUMeter. So, either way, plugged in or wifi, performance was really bad with this firmware.

Went back to 3.0.0.4.354.29 because that one seems to run the best for me. Everything working normal again

Hey, thanks for the reply. I understand now.

I gave it a whirl and unfortunately, I was getting terrible performance on both the LAN and the WAN with this firmware. Even the signal strength dropped an the temperatures also went up. The download speeds were horrendous, but the upload speeds seem to work great. I never reached over 4mbps download speeds over the LAN on Wifi and my speed tests on a hard line over the WAN were about 10mbps under my cap and very choppy on the DUMeter. So, either way, plugged in or wifi, performance was really bad with this firmware.

Went back to 3.0.0.4.354.29 because that one seems to run the best for me. Everything working normal again

Yep, I'm on 374.33_beta1 now for performance reasons as well. Neither this one or 374.720 was satisfactory for me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!