What's new

asus ac68u firewall

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Peggino

Occasional Visitor
"Help, please. After updating to version RT-AC68U_386.12_0, I can't add rules for the IPv4 firewall. When I try to save them, it says that the changes are being applied, but even after half an hour, there is no change. I've reset the router to factory settings, but it's still the same. I've also tried reinstalling that version again, and it's still the same.

1694632740232.png

Report your 386.12 issues here:

Only if your router is genuine Asus RT-AC68U. If it is converted T-Mobile TM-AC1900 - unsupported.

Except that the router is not from Timobile, I bought it online about 3 years ago. It's a Rev E1, so roughly that.

So, in that version, the firewall still doesn't work for me. It works, but I can't add a rule.
Can you post a screenshot of the rules you're trying to add.

There is a fix for firewall rules that use CIDR notation. But that fix is only present in the alpha test of 388.5 at the moment.

I want to add the same rule no matter what; it's like in the photo. It just won't take it. I've tried version 12, 12.2, and even this new version - it's still the same. Version 11 works fine.

Either you are not doing a full factory restore properly, or, you are importing an old/saved backup config file.

Can you give more specifics of what you're doing since September?

I want to add the same rule no matter what; it's like in the photo.
I can't see your rules in the photo because it's greyed out.

It just won't take it. I've tried version 12, 12.2, and even this new version - it's still the same. Version 11 works fine.
Please post a screenshot of your rules so that it can be fixed in a firmware update.

Here are my rules. I download the update normally, upload the file, and everything loads as it should. But when I try to add a new rule, it simply does what you see – it says it applies, but nothing happens

I tried deleting the rules, updated it, and when I try to add rules again, it's the same. I really don't know why it's doing this.

I tried deleting the rules, updated it, and when I try to add rules again, it's the same. I really don't know why it's doing this.
Are you adding all those rules at the same time or just a few at a time?

Your next to last rule doesn't have a port range. What is the information to the left of it.

What information are you putting in the first three columns of all the other entries?

Your screenshots are not showing any details needed.

Well, I don't know what details you want; it just won't work. It does the same as in version 11.0. Nothing else works, and I think the process is the same. If I'm not mistaken, the rule just won't add; the field remains empty because I want to block everything on port 54 TCP, if I'm not mistaken.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!