What's new

Asus AC68U vs TP-LINK TL-ER5120 For Load Balancing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spencer1990

Occasional Visitor
Hi there I want to load balance two connections 100/20 and 100/5 just for home use and was wondering if the AC68U can handle it. Thanks

Last edited:
Hi, if you intend to use the second line as a backup it works but if you need a real load balance or better setting traffic to a specific wan ( like P2P to WAN2 ) no sorry is not the right equipment.
:)

Hi, if you intend to use the second line as a backup it works but if you need a real load balance or better setting traffic to a specific wan ( like P2P to WAN2 ) no sorry is not the right equipment.
:)

I would like to load balance my two connections just for home house with 2 servers for backup and 3 computers and about 5 wifi connections. Do you think the AC68U can handle that or not. Thanks

it will handle that no problem , the problem is in the firmware .
Load balance is not working properly and also the resume on line fail is not working, see the post on the forum for more detail. :(

it will handle that no problem , the problem is in the firmware .
Load balance is not working properly and also the resume on line fail is not working, see the post on the forum for more detail. :(

I just ordered a TP-LINK TL-ER5120, please tell me it will handle my 2 connections fine. Also what port would I use from the ER5120 to my AC68U Router. Thanks

For the 10 devices you have on your network the TP Link product you ordered should be enough.

No wireless, relatively low NAT throughput (350Mbps) and a higher price than the RT-AC68U are a negative in my evaluation - but it is built for what you want: a load balancing router.

On a positive note; if you do get the RT-AC68U also for the wireless benefits; as soon as load balancing is stable (I'm assuming in the next major firmware release or two, after the security bugs have been squashed first) you may be able to sell the TP Link and use one device instead.

Assuming, of course, that the extra (pro) features the TP Link router don't grow on you.

For the 10 devices you have on your network the TP Link product you ordered should be enough.

No wireless, relatively low NAT throughput (350Mbps) and a higher price than the RT-AC68U are a negative in my evaluation - but it is built for what you want: a load balancing router.

On a positive note; if you do get the RT-AC68U also for the wireless benefits; as soon as load balancing is stable (I'm assuming in the next major firmware release or two, after the security bugs have been squashed first) you may be able to sell the TP Link and use one device instead.

Assuming, of course, that the extra (pro) features the TP Link router don't grow on you.

Thanks for the reply so the AC68U and the ER5120 will play nice together. Also what port from the ER5120 do i plug into the AC68U WAN port. Thanks

You're welcome.

Plug it into any of the ports that are not configured for WAN.

And I'm assuming the only DMZ port if you want the RT-AC68U exposed to the world.

You're welcome.

Plug it into any of the ports that are not configured for WAN.

And I'm assuming the only DMZ port if you want the RT-AC68U exposed to the world.

I don't understand I just want my AC68U to function normally using the WAN port. Can you explain a little simpler thanks