What's new

Release ASUS GT-AX6000 Firmware version 3.0.0.6.102_21514

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Looks good from the outset. The only oddity that I've noticed is that for 2.4GHz. band the channel setting remains "auto" even though I set it to channel 1. However, it does say "current control channel: 1". Pretty sure that the Beta didn't do that for 2.4GHz. band, or I would have noticed *smile*.

Oh yeah, one other minor thing...in the client list if the signal strength of a wireless client is less than 3 bars, you don't see any bars. The symbol with the bars has been shortened in height enough that you only see third and fourth bars. Not sure if that's clear, but I know what I mean *smile*.

Update: Hmmm...now the 2.4GHz. channel is back to just showing the channel that I set, no "auto". Going to keep an eye on that one *smile*. By the way, didn't change because of a restart, I've already restarted a couple of times for other reasons and it was "auto" after those restarts...just changed on it's own. Odd but true.

Update 2: Now the 5GHz. band is showing "auto", again with the channel that I selected as the current channel. This is not the usual behavior, but not a functional problem.

Last edited:
Looks good from the outset. The only oddity that I've noticed is that for 2.4GHz. band the channel setting remains "auto" even though I set it to channel 1. However, it does say "current control channel: 1". Pretty sure that the Beta didn't do that for 2.4GHz. band, or I would have noticed *smile*.
I’ve seen this twice before. A restart usually clears it up.

Oh yeah, one other minor thing...in the client list if the signal strength of a wireless client is less than 3 bars, you don't see any bars. The symbol with the bars has been shortened in height enough that you only see third and fourth bars. Not sure if that's clear, but I know what I mean *smile*.

Update: Hmmm...now the 2.4GHz. channel is back to just showing the channel that I set, no "auto". Going to keep an eye on that one *smile*. By the way, didn't change because of a restart, I've already restarted a couple of times for other reasons and it was "auto" after those restarts...just changed on it's own. Odd but true.

Update 2: Now the 5GHz. band is showing "auto", again with the channel that I selected as the current channel. This is not the usual behavior, but not a functional problem.
Screenshot?

Screenshot?

Whatever, I just looked and 2.4GHz. was showing "auto". Looked when I was going to take a screen shot, and it was back to no "auto". I'd have to say "it varies". Weirdest thing I've seen in quite a while. 5GHz. also varies depending on when I look at it. Sometimes its "auto", sometimes it isn't. Thinking I might start over and re-do the upgrade and configuration. Doesn't take long, just don't feel like it at the moment.

Working just fine functionally, though.

I did just go through another flash/reset to factory defaults/configure cycle on this firmware, same results. So I went back to the previous firmware version to see if that did the same thing with wireless control channels, and no, no "auto" there at all once I set both channels. So I guess I'm staying there for the moment until I have a reason to upgrade again.

Last edited:
Upgraded to this firmware this morning. Been running fine all day.

sam

That's what I have in Firefox after an update, on RT-AX88U Pro.
It's fine in Chrome.

Attachments

• FF-114.0.2.png
    FF-114.0.2.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Chrome-114.0.5735.133.png
    Chrome-114.0.5735.133.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 110
That's what I have in Firefox after an update, on RT-AX88U Pro.
It's fine in Chrome.

Yeah, looked at this on the Edge and the Safari browsers, and the wireles strength bars were fine there as well, Firefox not so much. However, using Edge or Safari didn't change anything on the flakiness I'm seeing with the wireless settings in the admin interface, where "auto" channel is still shifting around when it shouldn't be there at all. Weird...I did report the shifting "auto" problem to Asus, just in case they might feel like fixing it *smile*.

So it goes.

Last edited:
Hmmmm… anyone have DHCP issues after the update?
ie. DHCP clients on my main WiFi SSID aren’t getting any IP.
When I manually set the IP, they connect fine.
Guest WiFi networks are seemingly unaffected by this issue.

🤔🤔🤔

…tried a bunch of things.
DHCP simply isn’t working.
No client can get an IP address.
If I set the IP manually on the device, everything works normally.

Example while trying to get an IP:

Code:
Jun 23 11:55:46 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jun 23 11:55:46 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:-42
Jun 23 11:56:06 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 with transition target eth7 ssid 04:42:1a:60:1c:a4
Jun 23 11:56:07 bsd: bsd: STA:b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 no response
Jun 23 11:56:07 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 with transition target eth7 ssid 04:42:1a:60:1c:a4
Jun 23 11:56:08 bsd: bsd: STA:b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 no response
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: 0, reason: Previous authentication no longer valid (2), rssi:-42
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(645): eth6: Deauth_ind B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: 0, reason: Previous authentication no longer valid (2), rssi:-42
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth7: Auth B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth7: Assoc B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:-60

Tried restarting the router.

No dice.

So for the Kids Wifi and IoT Wifi, when running in AiMesh mode, do the nodes also need the firmware update supporting those features in order to make use of it?

I have a ROG GT-AX6000 as my main in AiMesh mode, and an Rt-AX88u and TUF Ax5400 as the nodes.

Will updating the Gt-Ax6000 be enough? Or will I need to wait on an update for the other two if I want IoT devices that are out of range of the Ax6000's wifi to connect to IoT wifi? Same with kids wifi, will I also need updates to the Ax88u and ax5400 for my son's devices to connect to Kids wifi out of range of the Ax6000

Now that 3.0.0.6 is final, I wonder whether the GT-AX6000 (and other routers where 3.0.0.6 has gone final) will receive anymore 3.0.0.4.388 updates.

Why would they? Double the work for little to no benefit.

i have bad news.. IN AP MODE GUEST WIFI HAS DISAPPEAR!!!!
I'm resetting right now to check.. how is this possible?

…tried a bunch of things.
DHCP simply isn’t working.
No client can get an IP address.
If I set the IP manually on the device, everything works normally.

Example while trying to get an IP:

Code:
Jun 23 11:55:46 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth6: Auth B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jun 23 11:55:46 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth6: Assoc B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:-42
Jun 23 11:56:06 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 with transition target eth7 ssid 04:42:1a:60:1c:a4
Jun 23 11:56:07 bsd: bsd: STA:b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 no response
Jun 23 11:56:07 bsd: bsd: Sending act Frame to b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 with transition target eth7 ssid 04:42:1a:60:1c:a4
Jun 23 11:56:08 bsd: bsd: STA:b0:2a:43:02:a9:d7 no response
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(685): eth7: Auth B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:0
Jun 23 11:56:08 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(722): eth7: Assoc B0:2A:43:02:A9:D7, status: Successful (0), rssi:-60

Tried restarting the router.

No dice.
I had the same issue, and had to hard reset the router.

Missing Preset servers for DNS-over-TLS.
(Was there in Version 3.0.0.4.388.23110)
WAN > WAN DNS Setting > Preset servers.

Ref.

I also did try Factory Hard Reset.
I am still able to create a list (DNS-over-TLS Server List) manually.

Feedback sent to Asus through "Administration - Feedback". (Not sure if that is how bugs get reported here.)

Missing Preset servers for DNS-over-TLS.
(Was there in Version 3.0.0.4.388.23110)
WAN > WAN DNS Setting > Preset servers.

Ref.

I also did try Factory Hard Reset.
I am still able to create a list (DNS-over-TLS Server List) manually.

Feedback sent to Asus through "Administration - Feedback". (Not sure if that is how bugs get reported here.)
it is not missing, you just have to select "Connect to DNS Server automatically=No" and then choose the drop down preset at "DNS server1" and "DNS server2" each manually.

the UI changed and allow flexibility to mix and match between presets.

it is not missing, you just have to select "Connect to DNS Server automatically=No" and then choose the drop down preset at "DNS server1" and "DNS server2" each manually.

the UI changed and allow flexibility to mix and match between presets.
I understand that UI changed.
You are describing DNS Server. No issues there.

Specifically, DNS Privacy Protocol > DNS-over-TLS Server (DoT).
When it's enabled, Preset servers option is missing as in my included link for an image from

RMerlin thread here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/preview-asuswrt-merlin-384-11-with-dns-over-tls.56095/.​

Selecting those presets would populate DNS-over-TLS Server List (Max Limit : 8)

Attachments.
Internet Connection.png – is how it looks like right now, that list I had to populate manually. And Preset servers option is missing.
RMerlin DOT-preview2.png – shows Preset servers, how they were in previous version 3.0.0.4.388.23110

I understand it can be a bit confusing.
DNS and DNS-over-TLS
You'll get different test results at https://1.1.1.1/help

Attachments

• Internet Connection.png
    Internet Connection.png
    112.1 KB · Views: 109
  • RMerlin DOT-preview2.png
    RMerlin DOT-preview2.png
    269.3 KB · Views: 113

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!