What's new

Asus RT-AC1750 server VPN issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm noob when it comes to these things but that's my understanding since i have my ddn on my asus router now ON and could connect to the vpn server no problem.

DDNS is an update service, so when it detects a change in your IP address it updates the DDNS record at Google with your current IP. If you have two routers both updating that record, one with the correct external address (Google router) and one with an incorrect internal address (Asus router), you can see the potential for a problem. Everything will work fine until the Asus router decides to update the record and then when your OpenVPN client asks Google's DNS server for your current IP address Google will respond by handing out an internal address which useless in the world outside of your LAN.

DDNS is an update service, so when it detects a change in your IP address it updates the DDNS record at Google with your current IP. If you have two routers both updating that record, one with the correct external address (Google router) and one with an incorrect internal address (Asus router), you can see the potential for a problem. Everything will work fine until the Asus router decides to update the record and then when your OpenVPN client asks Google's DNS server for your current IP address Google will respond by handing out an internal address which useless in the world outside of your LAN.

thanks man for clarifying, I'll keep you updated for sure.