What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 MiniDLNA - disconnects

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Speedy1205

Regular Contributor
Hi Guys,

I got a new RT-AC3200 (380.64_2) router which is a great device. Performance is perfect and all works fine (not talking about the LTE/3G implementation which is still a crap). But again I have the same issue that when I`m watching Video from the router DLNA Server its running fine for 30 Minutes. After this the Media Server disconnects from the client, but Internet is still working fine (no problem with the connection). After a couple of Minutes the DLNA shows up again and I can watch the next 30 Minutes around….. and again the same….

This happens on all clients, Like SmartTV, PS4 etc.

Its connected actual with cable for the PS4 so there shouldn’t be any issue. The USB disk connected works fine (USB 3.0) and also with Samba I can put their data with 30 MB/s and yesterday I copied 1 file with 240 GB which took a while (wifi) but copied without issues.

Maybe someone had this issue ? I had this on the previous Asus Router the same…. So this follows me and whatever disk I connect, it’s the same…..

Thanks ....

I found enabling
Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) and
Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping)

On my rt-ac3200 made the DNLA server rock solid and appear on the network every time I looked on a DNLA client.

Before I did this the server would never reliably appear on the network as a media server driving me crazy and making me think something was wrong with my setup.

The settings are under LAN, IPTV.

Thanks

I will try this tomorrow. I tested toaday a bit more and looks like the issue is mostly with the PS4... will give it a try and will report back [emoji16]

Thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So I had some tests and the above changes didn't help but I think I figured out when the issue happens. The issue happens when the client switches from the 2.4G to the 5G network. I have the automatic switch enabled (smart connect). This looks like causing this issue. So probably I need to switch to manual configuration.