What's new

Asus RT-AC5300 - ISSUE - Please help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

amadeusrock

New Around Here
Hi All, So I have Asus RT-AC5300 and things have been fine... I switched from Rogers Cable internet to Telmax Fibre 1.5GB... real fiber they just installed via my home... My router on wifi is only giving me 500 on wifi.. while the cheap Erro router I got from the ISP is giving me 1.3 on download... Is there something or some type of setting that the ASUS AC5300 needs to have in order to get the real speeds? should I factory reset and reinstall? it's so weird that my wifi ( right beside the fibre modem is only giving me this little).... and the cheap one is over 1.3GB... crazy

Your router is limited to 940Mbps on WAN and about 500Mbps on Wi-Fi 5 (AC). It's also 9 years old model and End-Of-Life now.

Amazon eero routers are not cheap. Good Qualcomm hardware and Wi-Fi 6 (AX) from quite some time. It's better than your router.

Thank you for the reply - the issue now is that the wifi strength range is much weaker with the error vs the Asus... so yes standing beside the Eero I'm getting 1.1 download wifi but most other places in the home is 100 to 25.. so I need to do something