What's new

ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1123

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes except on my router with this firmware the list is empty. I also cannot get AC connection and beamforming is missing in the professional setup.

Merlins 43 or Asus stock 5517 installed and all goes back to normal. I opened a case with Asus.

Strange. It works fine for me.

I just manually checked for new updates on my AC66U and it still says 3.0.0.4.374_5517 is the latest.

Interesting. I have the RT-AC66R H/W A1 wonder if that's is causing this. Never has an issue with any other FW version including Merlin builds...

Maybe. I have the AC66U. I am not having any of the problems reported here. Actually, this firmware is working great for me, as did the previous one. I don't know about the 5GHz band problems, because the best adapter I have is an N adapter.

Maybe. I have the AC66U. I am not having any of the problems reported here. Actually, this firmware is working great for me, as did the previous one. I don't know about the 5GHz band problems, because the best adapter I have is an N adapter.

Interesting. An you check your 5Ghz advanced setup page and see if Beamforming setting is there?

I actually first noticed the issues when my PCE-AC66 was only connecting at 450 max after the upgrade.

where to begin?

first of all, my ipv6 doesn't work at all anymore. the router gets no ipv6 connection. it did with 5517.

secondly, while the new features are great, they are very buggy. the client list is sporadic, sometimes not showing up, and when it does it often can't properly distinguish between wired and wireless clients, which makes no sense to me whatsoever.

and the built in check for firmware updates has nearly never worked for me. in all these fw updates, I think it only found an update once! it certainly didn't find 1123 from 5517.

I might have to go back to 5517, b/c the ipv6 issue is a showstopper imo.

I also can't find the "beam forming" option under 5ghz/professional tab.

when should someone check this option:

"Auto select channel including band1 channels"

?

I'd stick with merlins fw. never saw a reason to run these beta firmwares from asus.....

I'd stick with merlins fw. never saw a reason to run these beta firmwares from asus.....

Where does it say it is a beta FW?

Anyway, Upgraded to the new FW last night and no issues noted. However I did notice the wireless range seems to be better but not sure if it was coincidence or not. Ill keep an eye out.

No beamforming here.

It seems less stable then Merlin's 374.43. But I will run the 376.1123 version until Merlin releases a new version.

I haven't done a clean reset on my routers but I might give it a try to test if it gets me a more stable network.

Some strange thing with my repeater. Client's are not visible when clicking on the client count. It says 16, but no clients are visible in the list.

No beamforming here.

It seems less stable then Merlin's 374.43. But I will run the 376.1123 version until Merlin releases a new version.

I haven't done a clean reset on my routers but I might give it a try to test if it gets me a more stable network.

Some strange thing with my repeater. Client's are not visible when clicking on the client count. It says 16, but no clients are visible in the list.

Same here no clients listed but did show a count. My biggest reason for going back to Merlins .43 was I could not get AC 80 MHz connections with this firmware.

Same here no clients listed but did show a count. My biggest reason for going back to Merlins .43 was I could not get AC 80 MHz connections with this firmware.

Same here no client list. Does Asus actually take 30 seconds to test their firmwares. Like really its on the home page no reason the client function shouldn't work.

Same here no client list. Does Asus actually take 30 seconds to test their firmwares. Like really its on the home page no reason the client function shouldn't work.

Yes, and probably just like for the majority of us, the client list is working fine for them. They can't spot bugs that cannot be reproduced on any of their testing environment. There is something particular in your environment that would cause it to fail, it's not a widespread issue.

Yes, and probably just like for the majority of us, the client list is working fine for them. They can't spot bugs that cannot be reproduced on any of their testing environment. There is something particular in your environment that would cause it to fail, it's not a widespread issue.

Just on this page are 3 people saying they have problems with the client list. Mine is a fairly simple setup running in AP mode. No real tweaking of it. I wish they would get a FW they are looking to put out and allow us to give feedback prior to dumping to world. Save them some grief.

Had to install this manually as every time over the last several weeks that I tried to update through the web UI I always got a can't connect to update server/connect to internet and well, try again message.

Anyways, update borked my USB drive, posted a topic here:
http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=18514

[EDIT]
actually it's not borked, the fw is borked in that it thinks that a perfectly clean scan result is somehow not and so marks it red when plugged in after router has started, or just refuses to mount it(blue highlight) if rebooted w/drive attached... doubled checked the drive on a win7 (NTFS formatted) desktop which also gave it a clean bill of health...

I'm inclined that dome fw monkey changed results checks that they shouldn't have monkeyed with...
[/EDIT]

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!