What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

And without RMerlin that would be a shirtty ASUS FW :p
Merlin's and DDWRT will be back as ASUS will work with them to continue participating on their 3rd Party firms

Sent from Tapatalk

Are people finding this ROM to be stable? I'm getting curious because 1842 is occasionally loosing internet access for my 68U B1.

Those are welcome developments, AQOS is working good for me at this point, hopefully the update is for the better and not break it.:)

The new BWDPI engine is good as before on my RT-AC56U. I didn't notice any performance improvement nor regression. I do notice the kernel modules are much smaller (about 1MB less disk space).

Asus/TrendMicro realise they have to strip debug info from the kernel modules. LOL. This alone is a nice step forward for everyone. Save precious flash memory for the FW binary image!

The DHCP logs were muted in this firmware, is there a command I can use to manually re-enable it? I know someone mentioned the commands in some other thread but I can't find it now. Can someone share?

just for info i have installed the latest fw on the 88u and it works fine with no apparent issues as far as i can tell at this point in time

it amazes me how some here bag the stock firmware as the asus stock fw is pretty dam good imho , hell go and look at other manufacturers fw and then compare , asus stand alone as having excellent stock fw which is furthermore improved by the likes of merlin and his methodology of improving the stock which in turn rolls back into later stock firmware and at least asus continue to improve their firmware many years onwards

The DHCP logs were muted in this firmware, is there a command I can use to manually re-enable it? I know someone mentioned the commands in some other thread but I can't find it now. Can someone share?

If you mean these:

DHCPDISCOVER

DHCPOFFER

DHCPREQUEST

DHCPACK

DHCPSOLICIT

What I do is change the log level from 6 to 7.

nvram set log_level=7

Did anyone tested. Works repeater mode in this firmware.
I just upgraded one of my repeaters with the latest. Worked as repeater after initial upgrade. Did a factory reset and only way in was to type in browser router.asus.com was directly connected. I went in originally picked manual and repeater did a partial setup and when it rebooted it wouldnt connect gave default ms cant find dns ip of 169 no matter what I tried. I am in the habit of doing a second FW upgrade/reset after its been factory reset but couldn't get in to do that. I factory reset it again but this time selected wireless router mode one I got back in I then manually changed it to repeater and it worked fine. How long or well it works time will tell. So far its working well.

Just did router number 2 find that if I set the lan ip manually exactly the way it should be set I get the I cant connect to the router even hardwired. it saves it and reboots but wont let you connect. You have to factory reset and setup again with dynamic. If I allow it to connect with a dynamic ip it sets up fine Then I discover that ip go in and change it to the static ip, set it and it takes it. It looks exactly the same either way just refuses to allow you to attach to it if initially setup manually. Strange bug.

I factory reset it again but this time selected wireless router mode one I got back in I then manually changed it to repeater and it worked fine. How long or well it works time will tell. So far its working well.

Thank you for testing.

I will test it with your settings
hopefully it works

I upgraded as well and now when I try to download say the newest NVIDIA driver, it fails mid download on a wired pc..on my phone via wifi I can't get to youtube videos..on another wired pc I can't download steam games, loss of wifi signal strength as well. I was on 3.0.0.4.380.1842 but now on 3.0.0.4.380.3264 and very sorry I did. Got a house full of angry people!

Last edited:
I upgraded as well and now when I try to download say the newest NVIDIA driver, it fails mid download on a wired pc..on my phone via wifi I can't get to youtube videos..on another wired pc I can't download steam games, loss of wifi signal strength as well. I was on 3.0.0.4.380.1842 but now on 3.0.0.4.380.3264 and very sorry I did. Got a house full of angry people!

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I would also recommend using new ssid's for both bands (you can use the same passwords you now have, as long as both ssid and password is purely alphanumeric).

Nothing to do with what I posted about, but thanx

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

I would also recommend using new ssid's for both bands (you can use the same passwords you now have, as long as both ssid and password is purely alphanumeric).

Nothing to do with what I posted about, but thanx

If you didn't perform a reset to factory defaults and then do a minimal and manual configuration to secure the router and connect to your ISP, then you may want to do so.

I had some issues as well until I reset router to defaults then manually input all setting again.

After the upgrade, with everybody's suggestion (which I should of thought of myself) I reset the router and presto, it's working great..can get to youtube, netflix, download driver updates for my gtx 980 etc, ty everybody who responded

Are people finding this ROM to be stable? I'm getting curious because 1842 is occasionally loosing internet access for my 68U B1.
For me this firmware is not good. Wifi Range is poor on 2.4 Ghz and PPPoE connection fails after 2-3 days. The router page shows connected with a new IP, but LAN and Wireless devices redirect to router's home page due to no connectivity.

Back to 3.0.0.4.380.1842 which does not have the above problem.
All firmwares after that exhibit the PPPoE connection drop.

hey guys first post here but I think its great that you have an individual forum for specific firmware versions so we can drill through issues and bugs together to cut a long story short I have both the rt-ac68u and the dsl-ac68u both are running the latest firmware I have the dsl-rt68u set up as just the regular modem and dhcp server and the rt-ac68u set up as a repeater now it was mentioned before that in the latest firmware they are now redirecting to router.asus.com however they have given that url to both the router and the modem so while I type in the modems ip address I get redirected to the router it just depends on witch one is faster to respond even happens after I have logged in and I browse to a section of the web gui ill randomly end up at the others log in page the new firmware has been very stable for me so far so I would like to stay on it I just need to work out how to stop it redirecting me to the wrong device thanks.​

Another noob here, and wish I'd found this forum before updating my N66U to 3.0.0.4.380_3264. I haven't collected any data scientifically, but anecdotally my 2.4GHz WiFi speeds have gone from around 90Mbps routinely, to anywhere from 20 to 50 at best. That's just doing a typical "consumer" upgrade from the router's interface and testing with speedtest.net to the same server I've always used in the past with the same devices in the same places, etc., etc.

Additionally, the router has gone from being able to go weeks (or months) without a reboot to needing it at least once a day, sometimes more, because connections either drop or slow down to the point of being unusable.

I really don't have the time currently to get into the finer points of alternative rollback methods, choosing alternative FW, etc. I just think basic performance and reliability shouldn't be impacted so severely by a "public" FW release. Hopefully this improves with a future release. I've loved this router until now.

Michael

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!