What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've never seen any noticeable benefit from doing that in the past, but I'm not against trying it. I'll have to wait until this evening. Thank you. I'll post my impressions after doing so, in case anyone else in my position comes along.

hey guys first post here but I think its great that you have an individual forum for specific firmware versions so we can drill through issues and bugs together to cut a long story short I have both the rt-ac68u and the dsl-ac68u both are running the latest firmware I have the dsl-rt68u set up as just the regular modem and dhcp server and the rt-ac68u set up as a repeater now it was mentioned before that in the latest firmware they are now redirecting to router.asus.com however they have given that url to both the router and the modem so while I type in the modems ip address I get redirected to the router it just depends on witch one is faster to respond even happens after I have logged in and I browse to a section of the web gui ill randomly end up at the others log in page the new firmware has been very stable for me so far so I would like to stay on it I just need to work out how to stop it redirecting me to the wrong device thanks.​
Impossible to read this text:
- missing the dot to indicate the end of a sentence
- missing white space between paragraphs

I've never seen any noticeable benefit from doing that in the past, but I'm not against trying it. I'll have to wait until this evening. Thank you. I'll post my impressions after doing so, in case anyone else in my position comes along.

Several days ago I did the reset and reconfigure. My speeds are still consistently below what they were on previous firmware, but much better than before the reset and I haven't had any drops or reboots needed. The router also seems to be running cooler.

Reactions: fax
Im not sure but i think he is refering to that fixed in 380.60 beta2

NEW: Option on System page to disable the new forced
redirection to router.asus.com (defaults to disabled)

God bless the "dots" and "spaces" :D
Once again sorry for the terrible punctuation, i was at the time of the post running Version 3.0.0.4.380_3034 and that was giving redirection issues.

NEW: Option on System page to disable the new forced
redirection to router.asus.com (defaults to disabled)

Fixed in 380.60 beta2
That's for the modem correct? Because that's the device I'm having issues with redirection on the dsl-ac68u, if that's the case great ill wait for it to come out of beta as I don't always need the web ui

That's for the modem correct? Because that's the device I'm having issues with redirection on the dsl-ac68u, if that's the case great ill wait for it to come out of beta as I don't always need the web ui

No, not correct. DSL-AC68U is not (fully) supported by RMerlin's firmware, afaik.

No, not correct. DSL-AC68U is not (fully) supported by RMerlin's firmware, afaik.
Oh ok im not running merlin at all and this is a thread for stock firmware so not sure how that came about, so to clairify im running the modem and router ac68u and while a device is connected to the router and i want to browse to the modems web interfsce i get rediricted to the routers page instead, the only way around that is to connect directly to the modem by either lan or wifi. The router is in repeater mode, the issue only started when asus decided to redirect to web url instead of addressig it by ip address

Oh ok im not running merlin at all and this is a thread for stock firmware so not sure how that came about, so to clairify im running the modem and router ac68u and while a device is connected to the router and i want to browse to the modems web interfsce i get rediricted to the routers page instead, the only way around that is to connect directly to the modem by either lan or wifi. The router is in repeater mode, the issue only started when asus decided to redirect to web url instead of addressig it by ip address

Sorry, my mistake then. :oops:

There was a post somewhere here that claimed to be RMerlin firmware running on the DSL-AC68U.

And the 380.60 Beta 2 is a reference to RMerlin's firmware too.

Sorry, my mistake then. :oops:

There was a post somewhere here that claimed to be RMerlin firmware running on the DSL-AC68U.

And the 380.60 Beta 2 is a reference to RMerlin's firmware too.
I would love to see that working because im loving this modem and router repeater setup so i wont be getting rid of them anytime soon, so to see the modem running router only firmware would be awesome once i move away from adsl.

There was a time when i used merlin on my router but i had issues with it being unreliable and these are in a house with other users so extra features are not as necessary as reliability.

You can't roll back through the GUI as you will get the incompatible firmware message but you can roll back through the CFE miniWeb Server.

I just went from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 back to 9.0.0.4.380_2695 and from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 to 3.0.0.4.380.1842 as a test.

All worked just fine when going back to either firmware.

I think the firmware recovery tool may work too but I am done testing as I now know I have a way to go back if I need to.

I upgraded to the latest ASUS stock firmware and can't go back to Merlin. How do you access the CFE miniWeb Server? Do you have instructions somewhere?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!