What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am using ADSL modem under bridge. RT-AC68U connects to my ISP by dialing PPPoE connection. Unfortunately this firmware has a problem re-establish a PPPoE connection after dynamic ip refresh (23 hrs session time set by my ISP).
After the IP is refreshed by my ISP, none of the devices on LAN or Wifi can access internet and redirect to RT-AC68U's home page at 192.168.1.1
I have to Click On - Off button to get my internet working again.

This is crappy stuff from ASUS. This is a huge issue I am complaining since last 2-3 firmwares and if it goes unrectified, then bye bye ASUS.

Reverting back to 3.0.0.4_380_1842 and no problems on this.

You can't roll back through the GUI as you will get the incompatible firmware message but you can roll back through the CFE miniWeb Server.

I just went from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 back to 9.0.0.4.380_2695 and from 3.0.0.4.380.3264 to 3.0.0.4.380.1842 as a test.

All worked just fine when going back to either firmware.

I think the firmware recovery tool may work too but I am done testing as I now know I have a way to go back if I need to.

can someone please tell me how to get to cfe miniweb server. I am trying to get off firmware 3.0.0.4.380.3264

I am using ADSL modem under bridge. RT-AC68U connects to my ISP by dialing PPPoE connection. Unfortunately this firmware has a problem re-establish a PPPoE connection after dynamic ip refresh (23 hrs session time set by my ISP).
After the IP is refreshed by my ISP, none of the devices on LAN or Wifi can access internet and redirect to RT-AC68U's home page at 192.168.1.1
I have to Click On - Off button to get my internet working again.

This is crappy stuff from ASUS. This is a huge issue I am complaining since last 2-3 firmwares and if it goes unrectified, then bye bye ASUS.

Reverting back to 3.0.0.4_380_1842 and no problems on this.

what do you use to revert back to older firmware? Edit: Please give noob level detail, thanks. I was able to use the recovery tool to back to older firmware. However, still do not know how exactly to get to CFE miniweb server

Last edited:
Is the region set to US?
No I ended up removing the region to what I expect is a factory test setting as it didn't have true UK settings when I tried it.
I just wanted to use the channels I am allowed to use here without sharing along with the higher power levels.

So Asus has removed all the firmware for the 68U from their site or is something wrong with my browser?

What's the wireless date and version of the wireless driver that came with this firmware? Telnet/ssh "wl ver"

I know you didn't ask about CTF and BWDPI. In case, people are interested, both are refreshed in 380.3264.In particular, BWDPI engine is upgraded from v1.0.31 to v1.0.34.

That's good news for people using AiProtection features by TrendMicro as well as Adaptive QoS based on BWDPI engine..

So Asus has removed all the firmware for the 68U from their site or is something wrong with my browser?

Everything is where it should be.
Asus also put gpl for 3264 fw

I know you didn't ask about CTF and BWDPI. In case, people are interested, both are refreshed in 380.3264.In particular, BWDPI engine is upgraded from v1.0.31 to v1.0.34.

That's good news for people using AiProtection features by TrendMicro as well as Adaptive QoS based on BWDPI engine..
Those are welcome developments, AQOS is working good for me at this point, hopefully the update is for the better and not break it.:)

One of my RT-ac68p routers was automatically force updated to 380.3264 when I clicked on "check for updates". I noticed that previous firmware checks had always updated to either one or two previous official firmware and not the latest. This one went right to this latest version for the download and update.

I didn't notice any immediate performance difference on this particular 68p router but I don't need much Wifi range for it as I do the others. Some users have reported decreased range on certain devices after updating. It would be nice to have some performance testing updates done for this new FCC compliant firmware to see how it differs from previous firmware versions.

Last edited:
When running this version on my RT-AC68P, I noticed what appeared to be connection degradation when using 5g on my iPhone. The phone was reporting a lower signal strength (fewer Wi-Fi bars) and the router was reporting lower tx connection rates when being used at the same moderate signal strength location. I did note an entry under bug fixes for this version: - Fixed Safari slow response issue, I don't know if that fix may have affected my connection. Reverting back to the previous version alleviated the issue.

After additional observation, I have determined that after reverting back to the previous version, I experienced similar signal strength issues. At this point I attribute my observations to propagation variables and not to the most recent update.

That's definitely not the case mate. I've rolled back to 3.0.0.4.380.2717 which is what i was using before upgrading to this and when i type in my Router IP (192.168.1.1) the logon page loads up fine under http://192.168.1.1/

When using this firmware however (3.0.0.4.380.3264) when i type in http://192.168.1.1/ it redirects me automatically to http://router.asus.com

They have obviously changed the mechanism in this latest firmware to redirect to http://router.asus.com by default.

Even 3.0.0.4.380.1842 and the 2695 beta doesn't have this redirection. Can anyone else confirm your AC68U does this with the new firmware? just to rule out its specific to my router?

It's no big deal as i can live with it but i'm just curious as to why this redirection is now in place.

Cheers

Shaun
I confirm, it starts redirecting in this firmware on both HTTP and HTTPS which is annoying. I found the router to have slow HTTPS interface in this firmware too. I should have read the changes before installing.

I think Asus just upgraded or did something with their servers as it also affected their DDNS servers. Now you should be able to find firmware in the same page that you couldn't find at first.

After additional observation, I have determined that after reverting back to the previous version, I experienced similar signal strength issues. At this point I attribute my observations to propagation variables and not to the most recent update.

None of these issues here but I made sure to do a complete reset of the router after downgrade then re-enter all setting again.

Did anyone tested. Works repeater mode in this firmware.

...So would you now recommend the latest firmware since there doesn't appear to be any signal degradation on your devices after the update? I wonder how the signal strength for 380.3264 compares to the previous beta firmware 380.2695. I haven't been able to do my own range testing since my routers are in different physical locations but at some point I might do some simple testing.

Last edited:
I'm using it and it seems to work the same as the previous version for me. Since it is unlikely that you and I have identical configurations, your results may vary...
Good to know this info despite the difference in configurations. I am wondering what other differences the new official firmware has compared to the previous beta. I might take the plunge and update my another 68p router to find out.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!