What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.4376

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

in AC87U firmware build 4376 it is fully broken (does not block anything) as AC86U share the same code I would not be surprised is also broken there

That's interesting. Been getting AiProtection email alerts since updating the firmware some of which I posted in the below thread since they look like internal parts of my network being considered a threat to other parts.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/aiprotection-question.23145/

Just received an alert message in answer to that posting claiming to be software RD for AiProtection of ASUS company. He wants me to run some telnet commands and send files. Very Leary of this since I know little on running telnet and what these commands do. The individual has no history showing on the forum, joined yesterday so I have no way to verify he is who he says.

Just received an alert message in answer to that posting claiming to be software RD for AiProtection of ASUS company. He wants me to run some telnet commands and send files. Very Leary of this since I know little on running telnet and what these commands do. The individual has no history showing on the forum, joined yesterday so I have no way to verify he is who he says.

PM me what he asked you to run if you'd like to validate the instructions with me (assuming you do trust me more than that person of course ;) )

That's interesting. Been getting AiProtection email alerts since updating the firmware some of which I posted in the below thread since they look like internal parts of my network being considered a threat to other parts.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/aiprotection-question.23145/

yes, this is the only part that seems to "work" in Aiprotection, I have also received "VP Victim alerts" that looks like false positives. Meanwhile it is not just the Malicious Website blocking that is broken but also the Parental Control.

what speed you guys getting on file trasnfer over usb 3.0 wirelessly? im getting 10MB/s only.

Please anyone help me out with this problem.... whenever i login my router page my internet dies..i have to reconnect the or refresh the wan to make it working again .. anyone facing such issue?

Expect a new firmware from Asus next week to address the AiProtection issues, for all affected models.

I'll be looking forward to the next set of bugs from ASUS. Maybe a little less rush and a bit more testing would be ideal. We can live without features that seem to have never been implemented correctly yet.

I found a bug last night on an RT-AC68U that hasn't been noted before that I know of.
Show the Network Map > Clients and you get a panel with the currently attached clients. The MAC address is shown for each one. If you click on the MAC address you get a two stage info display. The first gives tech info about the connection and the second gives details about the manufacturer / supplier of the hardware comms adapter. A very useful display.

Occasionally when doing this the Client list is cleared and the count is set to zero. It won't even show the machine that you are logged on with. There is no other apparent effect. The only way back is to Reboot. I can't reproduce it this morning but last night it was nearly hard on.

Expect a new firmware from Asus next week to address the AiProtection issues, for all affected models.

Speaking of firmware releases, do you think any of the following will get fixed?

I have an RT-AC68R, and was running the -5656 firmware release until recently, and finally installed the -4376 release. It works fine for me, but in the System log I get a bunch of entries that I didn't get on the old -5656 version, to wit:

Mar 6 05:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 06:59:59 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 08:00:01 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 02:00:29 rc_service: rc 18929:notify_rc restart_wrs
Mar 6 08:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 09:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 10:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 11:59:59 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 12:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 13:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 14:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 15:59:59 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 17:00:01 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 17:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 18:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 19:00:00 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 19:59:57 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 20:59:59 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 22:00:01 ntp: start NTP update
Mar 6 16:49:39 kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent
Mar 6 16:49:40 kernel: sizeof forward param = 160
Mar 6 16:49:52 kernel: Stop the IPS/AppID engine...
Mar 6 22:49:53 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
Mar 6 16:50:12 kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent
Mar 6 16:50:12 kernel: sizeof forward param = 160
Mar 6 16:50:24 kernel: Stop the IPS/AppID engine...
Mar 6 22:50:25 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
Mar 6 16:53:34 kernel: * Make sure sizeof(struct sw_struct)=160 is consistent
Mar 6 16:53:34 kernel: sizeof forward param = 160
Mar 6 16:53:46 kernel: Stop the IPS/AppID engine...
Mar 6 22:53:47 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!
Mar 6 22:59:57 ntp: start NTP update

Per a previous forum entry, the kernel messages related to "Make sure sizeof(struct..." and the following line is a debug message left over from the firmware debug process, left in for some reason (sloppy work?). What I'm curious about is the entry:

Mar 6 16:50:24 kernel: Stop the IPS/AppID engine...
Mar 6 22:50:25 start_nat_rules: apply the nat_rules(/tmp/nat_rules_eth0_eth0)!

I thought the NAT process was started during the boot sequence (I have NAT enabled); I have all the QOS stuff turned off, so I'm surprised to see the IPS/App/ID engine process terminated and the nat rules applied out of the blue.

If you can enlighten me about this, I'd appreciate it. Also, if you have any pull with the Asus firmware guys, can you please ask them to fix the NTP update bug? If my router (and everyone else's) is hitting the NTP server every hour, we won't be popular with the NTP server's operators.

Thanks all, and specifically RMerlin.

Peter

I have the same problem as previous poster.. only about 10MB/s write speed to USB3 hard drive all of a sudden? Used to be a little over 20MB/s. Read speed seems to be unaffected, still a little over 25MB/s.

I've been having some weird disconnection problems with this firmware, after a day or two my ooma phone system disconnects and won't reconnect unless I reboot the router. I also have a d-link dcs 932l camera that after a few days I cannot acess locally, I can view it through the dlink cloud but will not work when trying to view through my local network. Rolled back to previous firmware and all is good for now.

I am curious, is the latest Merlin 378.51 based on this firmware? (3.0.0.4.378.4376)

My concern is that since I am running Merlin, I don't get the latest fixes and updates Asus is providing for my AC-68U.

Thanks.

I am curious, is the latest Merlin 378.51 based on this firmware? (3.0.0.4.378.4376)

My concern is that since I am running Merlin, I don't get the latest fixes and updates Asus is providing for my AC-68U.

Thanks.
You are more likely to get the answers to those questions in the Merlin firmware threads. Maybe you should consider yourself to be lucky that you don't get the ASUS updates. Each update fixes some bugs but seems to introduce others.

Also, if you have any pull with the Asus firmware guys, can you please ask them to fix the NTP update bug? If my router (and everyone else's) is hitting the NTP server every hour, we won't be popular with the NTP server's operators.

This is really a non-issue. Linux servers running NTPD (most do) sync up with their NTP parents at least once every 17 minutes.

Now, is necessary for a home router to have super precise time? No, not really.

It looks like I got it wrong; while reading this topic, I thought NAT loopback is not an issue.
It took me a while to do the upgrade, and, after a day or so, NAT loopback stopped working.
Hmmm :(

Any good knowledge? It's not a problem of factory reset post upgrade, I don't want to reload the router to fix it...Any tips? Or should I open a ticket to Asus?
And I was patient...I thought if nobody complains about it...it should work :(

Funny things I've noticed.

#1. It says the update came out weeks ago, but I usually check every day.
#2. The update was fantastic when I installed it. I gamed for about 2 hours and it didnt mess up at all. I go to sleep, and wake up to slow port 80 internet stuff. Turn off the aiprotection stuff and it is fine again. What is it with going to sleep?! LOL

edit:

Rolled back to 3885 for the time being, thankfully it let me from the GUI with no huge effort on my part.

Last edited:
I'll be looking forward to the next set of bugs from ASUS. Maybe a little less rush and a bit more testing would be ideal. We can live without features that seem to have never been implemented correctly yet.

I found a bug last night on an RT-AC68U that hasn't been noted before that I know of.
Show the Network Map > Clients and you get a panel with the currently attached clients. The MAC address is shown for each one. If you click on the MAC address you get a two stage info display. The first gives tech info about the connection and the second gives details about the manufacturer / supplier of the hardware comms adapter. A very useful display.

Occasionally when doing this the Client list is cleared and the count is set to zero. It won't even show the machine that you are logged on with. There is no other apparent effect. The only way back is to Reboot. I can't reproduce it this morning but last night it was nearly hard on.
I logged on to the router this morning and the client list was populated initially but without any further action it refreshed and went to zero. See the image.

RT-AC68U 2015 03 11 no clients.JPG

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!