What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware Upgrade Now Unable to Connect to 2G or 5G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

akatkando

New Around Here
New router did Firmware Merlin Upgrade, I am now having issues reconnecting to all of my various brands of tablets, my new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge phone and D-link Plug for lamp and four Amazon Echos plus all of the Kindle Tablets and Amazon Fire TV box.

I am able to wirelessly connect to a Mac Mini, HP Laptop Windowa 8.1, Dell Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy 4 phone, Brother Printer and two Roku 3.

I had all of the connections prior to firmware upgrade. This is the first time I have ever done a router firmware upgrade and I have no idea what I have done wrong that none of the Android OS based items no longer connect on 2G or 5G.

No issues getting anything to originally connect. The only issue that I had was with Playon Software not wanting to connect to tablets without a firmware upgrade for the router and after the upgrade, that connection feature indicated that it would then work.

I have one HP Laptop Windows 10 temporarily hardwired into the router for when I did the firmware update. I also have a new Surfboard 6190 modem and I did reboot it after I tried rebooting the router, phone and several tablets and that did not help with being able to secure any of the other 2G or 5G connections.

If someone could give me some guidance, I would be forever grateful!

Thanks,

Cathy

New router did Firmware Merlin Upgrade, I am now having issues reconnecting to all of my various brands of tablets, my new Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge phone and D-link Plug for lamp and four Amazon Echos plus all of the Kindle Tablets and Amazon Fire TV box.

I am able to wirelessly connect to a Mac Mini, HP Laptop Windowa 8.1, Dell Windows 10 Tablet, Samsung Galaxy 4 phone, Brother Printer and two Roku 3.

I had all of the connections prior to firmware upgrade. This is the first time I have ever done a router firmware upgrade and I have no idea what I have done wrong that none of the Android OS based items no longer connect on 2G or 5G.

No issues getting anything to originally connect. The only issue that I had was with Playon Software not wanting to connect to tablets without a firmware upgrade for the router and after the upgrade, that connection feature indicated that it would then work.

I have one HP Laptop Windows 10 temporarily hardwired into the router for when I did the firmware update. I also have a new Surfboard 6190 modem and I did reboot it after I tried rebooting the router, phone and several tablets and that did not help with being able to secure any of the other 2G or 5G connections.

If someone could give me some guidance, I would be forever grateful!

Thanks,

Cathy

Follow this guide, then report back.

http://www.snbforums.com/threads/no...l-and-manual-configuration.27115/#post-205573

Thank you for the reply. I will work on this tomorrow.

I do see one thing that I did incorrectly, I did not make a backup of the firmware that was originally on the router; which leads me to ask, should I just revert the router back to its original state and then make the backup, based up the original setup and then start over with the list of items to do in your guide?

Thanks,

Cathy

I have been working for the last six hours trying to secure an Internet connection either Wi-Fi or a cable connection to no avail. I have lifetime tech support on this particular laptop and even called them to see if they could help me to connect. She ended up as a last resort to have me do a system restore back to the 18th and that didn't help the issue of being unable to connect to the Internet, while hardwired to the computer.

When I left this computer last night, I had an Internet connection when cabled to LAN 1,. This AM when I went to access the computer to work on the above link that I was provided, I no longer had Internet access when connected to LAN 1 or LAN 3. I, also, tried accessing the Internet wirelessly to no avail.

I ended up going back to access my other HP that had been connected wirelessly to a D-link AC1200 USB Adapter to the ASUS RT-AC88U, with no issues yesterday or earlier this AM. I was briefly online and then lost Internet connection and what I tried to do to regain a connection did not work; I was unable to access the Internet now with that computer.

I gave up and reconnected my Surfboard 6190 back to my previously connected D-link DIR_868L Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigbit Router and EVERYTHING reconnected wirelessly the one HP computer (that had always been used wirelessly), the Kindle Fire Tablets, my Samsung Phone, all of the Amazon Echos, I still need to reconnect the D-link lamp controller, but basically things are back to normal

The hardwired computer is now connected wirelessly to the D-link router, I did not try using a LAN connection for that computer as I am not planning on flashing the D-Link. I am leaving that router alone, since it is working.

I have no clue how to get a connection to the ASUS router, so that I can access it to work on the firmware issues, which started my problem; until the the time I am able to get a LAN hardwired-router connection, my hands are tied in trying to get anything fixed.

Thanks, for any suggestions for a real "noob" when it comes to working with a router. I did flash it with the correct upgrade. I double checked that after reading another post where someone used the wrong link, so I did go check and I flashed with 380.59.0 Merlin Firmware, so at least I did manage to do that correctly.

Cathy

Bumping up to see if anyone possibly has any idea how I can get the router to work, so that I can access it through the Internet to be able to revert to the original factory settings, so I can then proceed with the instructions given in the above link???

Thanks...