What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi XT9 AX7800 Not allowing me to connect to the 2G network sometimes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BenRaines304

Occasional Visitor
Every once in a while me or my wife has trouble connecting to the 2G network.

We connect to the 5G with no problems
Just says can not connect. This is on Phones and laptops.

Today it happened on my laptop and about 20-30 minutes I tried again and it allowed me to login.

2G and 5G are separate networks.

Not sure what to check or how to fix this issue.

Disable the 2.4GHz mode at 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode on the Wireless General (2.4GHz) page.

Disable the 2.4GHz mode at 802.11ax / WiFi 6 mode on the Wireless General (2.4GHz) page.
Thanks,

Took some google searches, but I figured it out.

Did not realize that might have been causing the issue..

This is my first WiFi 6 router. But I prefer to keep the 2.4 and 5 Ghz network separate.

If these are the main SSIDs (and not Guest), they are the same (not separate) network.

If you mean you don't like to use 'SmartConnect' and other such 'features', I agree with you. Having separate SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands is what ensures a network is stable, fast, and predictable.

If these are the main SSIDs (and not Guest), they are the same (not separate) network.

If you mean you don't like to use 'SmartConnect' and other such 'features', I agree with you. Having separate SSIDs for the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands is what ensures a network is stable, fast, and predictable.
Thanks, and yes my SSID for 2 and 5ghz are different names..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!