What's new

Asus RT-AX92U setting up: no WiFi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ni_hao

New Around Here
INTRO
I am living in Turkey but I am not Turkish. I bought here a brand new 2-pack RT-AX92U. I already have an AiMesh system (with 4 RT-AC88U) but I want to change the (main) router and 1 node.
First I tried to setup 1 RT-AX92U as Wireless Router with of course a totally new WiFi-network (name) and a complete different IP-range. I did as described and came in the WebGUI.
I upgraded it to the last official Asus firmware.

PROBLEM
From te moment I pressed the power button at the router untill now: all the (3) WiFi LED's remain off and there is no Wifi network. (I seperate the 2.4 and 5GHz, but also tried without seperation)
My Laptop and also my iPhone do also not see the standard ASUS-network (which is as default in the router) and of course they do not see my WiFi after installing the router.

ALREADY TRIED
I did reset the router multiple times with the reset button.
I also reset it by holding the WPS button.
I reset it once with the reset button hold for 40 seconds.
I have multiple times set (in the WebGUI) the router back to factory settings.
I tried the same with the other/second RT-AX92U but unfortunately
I tried also the merlin firmware from gnuton.
All did not help ;(
I contacted Asus support and they just gave instructions how to reset the router.

QUESTION
Any idea how to get WiFi functionating well

P.S. since both RT-AX92U's do have the same problem, I hardly can believe that they are both wrong or u/s.

Last edited:
ASUS GUI > Wireless > Professional > Enable Radio.

This should be enabled by default but it's worth checking.

ASUS GUI > Wireless > Professional > Enable Radio.

This should be enabled by default but it's worth checking.
Thanks, but (3 bands) were indeed on; I checked it before. Just to be sure I switched it off > Apply > On > Apply but didn’t help.

another thing I noticed is, that in the channel width setting (at all the 3 bands) I can choose:
- 20/40 MHz
- 20 MHz
- 40 MHz

On the Internet I saw somewhere a picture that (at least) there should also be the option:

20/40/80/160 MHz

Where did you get the router from? ie what region was it intended for?

How can you see/know that?

If a distinction is made at all by region, I assume that the one I have is intended for the region where I live. After all, I bought it here.

As mentioned before: I have already bought an other aimesh system with routers from Europe but also from here. So in different countries.

This is an AiMess situation with mixed generation dual/tri-band AC/AX routers on different firmware and different regional restrictions on top. Looking at channels allowed Turkey and EU have differences and this mix may not work together with common dedicated wireless backhaul. If wired perhaps 5GHz-2 radio on tri-band models has to be disabled and only 5GHz-1 used on whatever channels all routers support and are allowed in Turkey.

This is an AiMess situation with mixed generation dual/tri-band AC/AX routers on different firmware and different regional restrictions on top. Looking at channels allowed Turkey and EU have differences and this mix may not work together with common dedicated wireless backhaul. If wired perhaps 5GHz-2 radio on tri-band models has to be disabled and only 5GHz-1 used on whatever channels all routers support and are allowed in Turkey.
Thank you for your reply. I’m sorry I directed you in the wrong direction, because I was not clear enough. Yes I want to join them (AC/AX), but before setting up the new AX routers, I powered off my current AiMesh system and thus no AC routers active. However I will try it again with radio switched off for 5GHz-2

Compare the supported channels for different region routers first. This is perhaps your main issue.

Any progress with this problem?
I have what seems to be an identical situation with a new 2-pack of RT-AX92U, both of them. All my other AX92U on multiple locations works fine, none have had similar problems with Wifi. I have also saved and used configuration-files for other routers, with no luck. I have two additions comments:
a) I did notice that the MAC address for the Wifi's is not present/shown, in contrast to my working routers.
b) If I try to enable guest network, I am guided to "Turn WiFi on to operate the Guest Network. GO" in which the GO link bring me to "Enable Radio", which again is set to Yes, so the router, for the most part, believes the Wifi is enabled, even though its not. All Wifi LEDs are off and Wifi clients can not find or login.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!