What's new

ASUS RT-N56U beta firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

how is the ping time? media server? download master? web pages loading time?

Still haven't had to reboot it.

Ping times are fast and consistent, websites are loading fast enough that I haven't even thought about it until seeing your question.. i don't use media server of download master

I was also having lots of trouble with .260 and .318 , dropping ,bad ping....just put on the new .321 and so far seems great. ping times are back and i am testing A rating on pingtest.net again. ill update after some gaming etc. I can access server great from computer. Haven't checked with Xbox, tablet yet.

321 is a "Russian" release

Jeremy tells me via email that this a release from Russia and he does not have access to release notes or change log.

I find it weird that there appears to be multiple sources for releases. Is this normal behavior for asus?

I was also having lots of trouble with .260 and .318 , dropping ,bad ping....just put on the new .321 and so far seems great. ping times are back and i am testing A rating on pingtest.net again. ill update after some gaming etc. I can access server great from computer. Haven't checked with Xbox, tablet yet.

Hi !

And what about Media Server ? Is it running fine ?

Thanks !

I'd like to report only good news about .321

Airprint has been active without issue for 3 days.

No Wireless issues, very stable and reponsive Wifi.

WAN has been solid without issue.

No Steam client disconnects. Previous versions of 3.x I would get booted from a game occasionally and steam would say it is unavailable. hasnt happened yet.

this has been the first solid 3.x release for the n56u.

Thank you!!!

Only thing Ive noticed is that Ive noticed is that when you reserve a IP the HTTP load times are about 20-30% slower... Not a big issues, just talking mili seconds.

DDNS not working with most VPN services?

Anyone tried VPN + dyndns (custom)?

Almost all VPN services I've tried result in:

Code:
Jan 23 00:51:09 ddns update: connected to members.dyndns.org (204.13.248.111) on port 80.
Jan 23 00:51:09 ddns update: error recv()ing reply: Connection reset by peer
Jan 23 00:51:10 ddns update: server output: 
Jan 23 00:51:10 ddns update: strange server response, are you connecting to the right server?

I noticed the only VPN service that dyndns works correctly with is PureVPN.

I haven't tested with other DDNS services.

New firmware 3.0.0.4.334 on Asus website.

334 looks good from a first look. Everything came up, including wireless and IPv6. We'll see, though.

Flashed 334, done a hard reset, loaded back my settings. It worked great for a couple of hours, with no errors in log. Then suddenly Wi-Fi completely died, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz leds turned off. Hit the Apply button on the wireless settings page and they turned back on. But the modem console slowed down and clicking on a page took some seconds to open. And I noticed that WAN was unresponsive and laggy as hell. This is by far the worst firmware I tried. Back to 206.

Flashed 334, done a hard reset, loaded back my settings. It worked great for a couple of hours, with no errors in log. Then suddenly Wi-Fi completely died, both 2.4GHz and 5GHz leds turned off. Hit the Apply button on the wireless settings page and they turned back on. But the modem console slowed down and clicking on a page took some seconds to open. And I noticed that WAN was unresponsive and laggy as hell. This is by far the worst firmware I tried. Back to 206.

334 is working really well for me, I'm hoping that it keeps working as well as it is now. If so, I'm keeping it *smile*.

Please let me know if .334 is working better than 321 as there is currently no changelog.

Your recent comment on .321 made it sound good. Did something happen, what's not working for you with .321? Just the issue "Only thing I've noticed is that when you reserve a IP the HTTP load times are about 20-30% slower"?

Knowing what you're looking for to improve or start working would help in comparing .334 to .321.

Thanks.

What happened to the download sections for this router on the Asus website? It keeps sending me to the advertisement page for the router with no download links.

Your recent comment on .321 made it sound good. Did something happen, what's not working for you with .321? Just the issue "Only thing I've noticed is that when you reserve a IP the HTTP load times are about 20-30% slower"?

Knowing what you're looking for to improve or start working would help in comparing .334 to .321.

Thanks.

You're right. Really I have no complaints so far with .321. Seems to be a really solid build.

Being a techy, Im always looking for more performance and stability.:D

You're right. Really I have no complaints so far with .321. Seems to be a really solid build.

Being a techy, Im always looking for more performance and stability.:D

Understood *smile*. Me, too. Still going strong on .334, though. I was having some problems with my Verizon Network Extender, as in it stopped working, which sent me looking for new firmware for the rt-n56u (couldn't get my rt-n66u to work with it at all today for some reason, and the rt-56u wasn't working with it with the .206 firmware today, either). And this .334 firmware version just came along, my Network Extender likes it and is cooking along again, and everything is peachy so far. Not even one full day, yet, though *smile*.

Verizon could fix this whole thing for me by giving us the service that we're paying for. But no, they apparently don't see the need to deliver on their end, just as long as we pay our bills they'll give us bad coverage and sell us a Network Extender *sigh*.