What's new

Asus RT-N56U problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

NeGe0

New Around Here
I have this weird problem and cannot find the answer. I recently bought this router and have a problem if it causing my modem to power cycle. Sometimes even when I load a simple web page it will make my modem reset. I tried my WNDR4000 and it does not do this and even when I direct connect my modem to my computer it will not happen. I have two N56Us and both of them cause my modem to power cycle. Is it something I am missing?

I can not offer anything constructive to say about the Asus router except that if it is still an option, return it.

I spent a week tearing my hair out with that router. That is a week of my life I will never get back.

I think I am going to do just that. I'll just use my DIR-655 until the rt-n66u comes out or something better. tried three different routers and all had problems but my DIR-655 still running strong.

I can not offer anything constructive to say about the Asus router except that if it is still an option, return it.

I spent a week tearing my hair out with that router. That is a week of my life I will never get back.

wth?

Why? I've been using it for a while now, and i have no problems with it, other than not being crazy about its 5ghz signal strength.

Its rock solid stable, has oodles of options, and great monitoring tools built in.