What's new

Asus RT N66U weekly reset

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pureluck1999

New Around Here
Asus RT N66U. I did a new firmware update on it and factory reset. Everything has worked amazing for about 5 days. I get home last night and i am hitting download speeds of 2mb.:eek: I am used to seeing 10mb consistent. When I bypass the router it hits the 10mb.:D If I do a factory reset it comes back to 10mb. Anyone have any ideas? :confused: Upload speeds remain consistent regardless.:D

I am not using a mediaserver that I am aware of. I can shutdown all wifi networks except the one I am using to speedtest with and still get those speeds of 2mb.

Ok, lets go through a list here, because this doesn't necessarily have to do with the wifi itself.

1: Check USB-applications -> Servers Center: and check the four servers if any of them are running: Media server, Samba, NFS and FTP.

2: Check if you have Smart-QoS running (under Traffic Control).

3: Check if you have (under LAN -> Switch Control), NAT-acceleration, Spanning Tree or Jumbo-frame activated.

4: Check in "Wireless - 5G -> Professional (and on General) if you have B/G-protection on and what channel and bandwidth (20 or 40 or 20/40) and if you have "N only", "Legacy" or "Automatic" on.

Please report back a ON/OFF/YES/NO on these settings.

1: Check USB-applications -> Servers Center: and check the four servers if any of them are running: Media server, Samba, NFS and FTP.

(itunes server is off, enagle dlna media server is ON, Media server status is IDLE, media path has all disks shared checked. Network Place Samba Share Cloud disk. Enable Share is ON, FTP share tab. both are off.

2: Check if you have Smart-QoS running (under Traffic Control).

(this is OFF)

3: Check if you have (under LAN -> Switch Control), NAT-acceleration, Spanning Tree or Jumbo-frame activated.

(Enable Jumbo Frame is disable, Nat Acceleration is AUTO.)

4: Check in "Wireless - 5G -> Professional (and on General) if you have B/G-protection on and what channel and bandwidth (20 or 40 or 20/40) and if you have "N only", "Legacy" or "Automatic" on.

(frequency is 5ghz, wireless mode is auto, channel bandwith is 20/40. i cant find b/g setting anywhere)

Please report back a ON/OFF/YES/NO on these settings.