What's new

Asus-rt88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ripj4w

New Around Here
Hi all

i updated firmware about a week ago, not sure version though, but running the auto update indicated latest version to be installed
Problem occurring after update involves wireless devices.

All wireless devices connected randomly disconnects and then reconnects seconds later. Devices connected are andriod phones only, qbout 4 of them

Running standard setup, including encryption.
Are there any setting I need to adjust in order to maintain my wireless connections or are there firmware available which solves this problem?

Searched quite a bit on forums and seems to be a general problem with these routers at some point, however no solution mentioned.

Regards.

Have you tried using RMerlin firmware? Have you tried doing a full reset on your router, as-is?

https://www.asuswrt-merlin.net/

To get your router to a good/known state once again, see the link in my signature below for both the M&M Config and Nuclear Reset guides for further details. :)

No I have not tried downloading the Merlin software
The mirror and official site takes me to several links. My router which is a RT-AC88U indicates firmware last modified in 2016. is that the correct and up to date firmware?

Got it
This solved my WIFI problem. Now the wife is happy - I have peace and quiet times ahead.
I am humbled and grateful
Thank you to you sir

You're very welcome and glad to help.

Just curious though, did the RMerlin firmware help by itself or did you do a full reset to the router after you flashed it too?

Your firmware sorted the problem without me having to reset, had it going like that for about 20 minutes with my little one on a whatsapp call via wifi. No disconnections in that time.

Did however initiate a full reset as per your instructions after the above.

Working flawless since

Searched quite a bit on forums and seems to be a general problem with these routers at some point, however no solution mentioned.

As far as I can tell, as of 3/26/2020, v3.0.0.4.384_81116 is the latest stock Asus firmware for the RT-AC88U.

I have not had any major problem with this firmware or router model that would be of concern to me. But every 60 to 90 days, the local admin user interface will no longer connect, with all other functions working fine, and a reboot of the router is required for local admin access.

Sent using Tapatalk