What's new

Qualcomm WCN6856 Can't connect to this network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartan

My Alienware m16 laptop has a Qualcomm WCN6856 Wi-Fi 6E card and when trying to connect to my wireless network on the GT-AX6000 it would give me a message saying "Can't connect to this network" If I try a few times it would eventually connect but 90% of the time it wouldn't connect. I do have an Intel AX210 card that I tried swapping out and it would connect every time. No other device has a problem connecting to my router other than the Qualcomm WCN6856 so I am wondering what is going on. I am using Windows 10 Build 22H3 with the latest driver for my card which is 2.0.0.1086.

My wifi password is WPA2-Personal.

Has anyone experienced this?

I would like to not disable Smart Connect as all my devices work fine, really confused what the issue is here. The router is also on the latest Beta firmware and this also happened on the latest official firmware so I know it's not the firmware.

2024-04-04_130008.png

As it's obviously the Qualcomm card that is iffy, the solution seems to be to just install the Intel AX210 and call it a day.

Life's too short to waste worrying when a $10 solution is nigh.

As it's obviously the Qualcomm card that is iffy, the solution seems to be to just install the Intel AX210 and call it a day.

Life's too short to waste worrying when a $10 solution is nigh.
Makes sense, that's what I'll do then. Thanks man.

Change your 5GHz control channel down to 36, and limit BW to 20/40/80 (disable 160 for now)

Your control channel in the screenshot is 100, which is a DFS channel, and since you have a 3-band card (2.4/5/6), it has to passively scan the DFS channels, which can take a while...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!