What's new

ASUSTOR Launches Two New Apollo Lake Powered NASes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Julio Urquidi

News Editor
asustor-as6302t-as6404t.jpg
The ASUSTOR AS6302T and AS6404T will be powered by Intel’s Apollo Lake Celeron processor. The 2-bay AS6302T will use a 2.0 GHz Dual Core processor, 2 GB of dual-channel DDR3L memory, and single, JBOD and RAID 0/1 support, while the 4-bay AS6404T will have a 1.5 GHz Quad-Core processor, 8 GB of DDR3L memory and single, JBOD, RAID 0/1/5/6/10 support.

Other features shared by both models include:
  • 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Port
  • USB 3.0 Type-A Port (Front: x 1, Rear: x 2)
  • USB 3.0 Type-C Port (Rear: x 1)
  • 1 x HDMI 2.0 Port (4Kx2K@60Hz Output)
  • Supports Intel AES-NI Hardware Encryption
  • Infrared Receiver
  • Energy Efficient Design, Supports System Sleep Mode (S3), Internal and External Scheduled Disk Hibernation, Night Mode, Wake-on-WAN
Pricing was not disclosed. For more information on the ASUSTOR AS6302T and AS6404T, check out asustor.com.

Just like synology massive GPL violations, either 4 year old gpl releases or incomplete releases with only little parts. Not sure how much asus stor transfers to china, but at least synology does some home phone, withut explanations of the exact contents. The personal clouds etc. are at least as dangerous for your privacy as regular cloud services. You do not want them to contact outside servers, except specific ips.

Thus only recommend these boxes if you have a nice firewall in front, that allows to block all outbound traffic with exceptions for things like your smtp provider etc.

Thus only recommend these boxes if you have a nice firewall in front, that allows to block all outbound traffic with exceptions for things like your smtp provider etc.

I wouldn't put any NAS facing the WAN, seriously...

They're good at certain things, but public WAN security is, perhaps, imho, not their strongest point.

I'm always in favor of defense in depth - I have my firewall/GW, then my AP's, and then all my LAN clients, including my NAS...

wow the pricing of these things, you might as well make your own as its a lot cheaper.

Pricing is pretty competitive with other NAS vendors - the benefit over rolling one's own is that one gets some level of support if/when things go wrong...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!