What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.354.29 Beta 1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

site survey still only shows 2,4 connections.
Did i miss something?

That means you have no neighbours with a 5 GHz-enabled router that reaches you. Keep in mind that 5 GHz routers aren't very common, and they also have a much shorter range, so they are less likely to interfere with neighbours.

Which is the best way to upgrade as regards setting defaults?

Upgrade, take screenshots AFTER and clear NVRAM and reenter or do screenshots BEFORE and then clear NVRAM? I prefer to use screenshots rather than handwritten notes.

I ask because there is a comment in the changelog about some changes in the GUI.

You don't need to reset to factory defaults if coming from another 354-based build. I recommend you do so if coming from a 270 (or older) based build however due to the changes in default settings in 354.

Not sure why but I kept having stalls with Internet data flow. As an example when listening to Internet radio the song would pause for a moment then start then pause.

I did full reset of the router, booted modem and router, to make sure everything was refreshed, didn't stall at first but after a few minutes started again.

Back to .26b and not one stall.

Thanks again for all your hard work.....

Last edited:
Hi, RMerlin,
In new firmware version 3.0.0.4.354.29 Beta 1 fixes a bug (Philips TV does not show MKV) in the code miniDLNA-server?
In changelog no information about this issue.

Last edited:
Hi, RMerlin,
In new firmware version 3.0.0.4.354.29 Beta 1 fixes a bug (Philips TV does not show MKV) in the code miniDLNA-server?
In changelog no information about this issue.

There's been no change to minidlna.

Not sure why but I kept having stalls with Internet data flow. As an example when listening to Internet radio the song would pause for a moment then start then pause.

I did full reset of the router, booted modem and router, to make sure everything was refreshed, didn't stall at first but after a few minutes started again.

Which router? Wired or wireless?

Perfect! No more problems with the traffic monitor now, working perfectly! :D

Thank you so much for your effort in making this firmware and the router flawless in every way! :p

Is this on your 2.4Ghz radio?

I've been having the same problem to where its becoming unusable, so I've had to go back to .26b too.
As I said in the other thread though .26b seems to have stutter problems on the 5Ghz (whereas the 2.4Ghz is fine), so at the moment I'm capitulating to most of the other people in the house who on have 2.4Ghz devices.

N66U

In terms of client connections? Both wired and wireless clients.

The internet radio is wired. My laptop is wireless.

Both stalled at the same time.

My laptop uses the 5ghz channel and I've never had a problem that others are reporting. Using it now with 26b on 5 ghz channel and no problem.

Modem is standard cable modem DOCIS 3.0.

Last edited:

N66U

In terms of client connections? Both wired and wireless clients.

The internet radio is wired. My laptop is wireless.

Both stalled at the same time.

My laptop uses the 5ghz channel and I've never had a problem that others are reporting. Using it now with 26b on 5 ghz channel and no problem.

Modem is standard cable modem DOCIS 3.0.

I can't think of anything on the wired side of things that could have problem with a simple radio stream I'm afraid. For a radio stream to have issues, it would have to be complete drops that last many seconds, or having trouble streaming something as slow as 200 Kbps.

Can you try Asus's 3.0.0.4.354 to see if it's a regression in their 354 code or in my changes?

About the manual WAN DNS thing, don't know why but it works. Here is what I did:

1. Merlin 354.28 Beta 1 - Good.

2. Upgraded to Merlin 354.29 Beta 1 - NO Good, restore to factory default, still no good.

3. Downgraded to ASUS official 354 Beta, No Good, restore to factory default, Good.

4. Upgraded to Merlin 354.28 Beta 1 - Good.

5. Upgraded to Merlin 354.29 Beta 1 - Good.

Post it here just for anyone's record. Thanks for your debug tips RMerlin. :)

kernel panic

My rt-n66u has been rebooting when under network traffic. So, I ssh'd in and tried to monitor the syslog.log while doing the following...

1. Write to a usb disk via samba network share
2. Download 5 4gb torrents

Eventually, I was able to get the following...

kernelpanic.jpg

Is this enough info to diagnose anything? Is there anything else that I can provide that can help to isolate why my router is crashing?

@Rmerlin

The Guest Network ist not Ok

IE 10:
Firefox:

Attachments

• rt.jpg
    rt.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 475
  • rt1.jpg
    rt1.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 479
Howdy folks,

The other area that saw a lot of work was the Per IP traffic monitoring.

Did those bug only affect single devices, or also the traffic from/to the internet?

I would like to export the traffic data. Since the files are binary - can you guide me which file in the sources code read the data?

When I flash 29beta1, my ac66u goes into recovery mode with the power light blinking.. I was upgrading from 28beta 1. I had to revert to 28beta1 with the firmware recovery utility to get the router to work again. I tried upgrading about 3 times and the router always goes to recovery mode. Should I try resetting the router to factory defaults and trying again? or just wait for the next version? very strange

Actually, there's been one fix pushed to Git a few weeks ago, which should already be included in this release:
https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/commit/91a52a4e031cca8d881c0c1f80d32c3769c47ca0
No idea if it's related to your specific issue however.
Yes, it is about this fix in question. That is, this fix is ​​included in this (3.0.0.4.354.29) beta version of the firmware?
UPD: I finally decided to install the new firmware .354.29 and now Philips Smart TV displays for MKV files on DLNA WiFi! Thanks, RMerlin!
And with this version of firmware no problem with Beeline ISP, that were in the version 3.0.0.4.354.28, Beline L2TP now works well!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!