What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks m8te!

Found out that my system can only handle 8000mtu, if I put it on 9000 everything is going back to default!

Even though Im still confused about the "jumbo frame" in ASUS Bios cauz its placed under LAN? Why not WAN then?

Best reg

Anders

Thanks m8te!

Found out that my system can only handle 8000mtu, if I put it on 9000 everything is going back to default!

Even though Im still confused about the "jumbo frame" in ASUS Bios cauz its placed under LAN? Why not WAN then?

Best reg

Anders
because your ASUS mobo only has a LAN socket springs to mind :p

[*] RT-N66U now officially using the SDK6 wireless driver. Users report shorter range on the 2.4 GHz band, but that version resolves the vast majority of compatibility issues with some wireless clients

Have to agree on that - I use 5 GHz band only and have mid-2010 Macbook Pro which just stubbornly refused to reconnect to 300 Mbit/s after waking up with absolutely excellent signal (some 10 ft from the router) and 300 Mbit link before going to sleep. It just stayed on 150 and only reconnecting or toggling wifi off and on again resolved the issue.

Now it looks like this problem is gone :)

For those not following the main 720 thread: Asus confirmed that they would take a look into the range reduction issues of the RT-N66U running SDK6 drivers. Will keep you posted once there's more development.

For those not following the main 720 thread: Asus confirmed that they would take a look into the range reduction issues of the RT-N66U running SDK6 drivers. Will keep you posted once there's more development.

I keep wondering if this has anything to do with the Netgear lawsuit over Asus fudging the wireless signal figures so that they were out of speck but reporting for cert different numbers. At least so the lawsuit goes. So folks think this is the real reason that the older firmware disappeared on the Asus site.
Who knows for sure other then Asus of course. ;)
--bill

Since this thread his really quieted down, can we expect the final version of 3.0.0.4.374.33 soon?

Everything you see on the changelog between Beta1 and Beta3 is also different. Pixie Dust was Beta 1 FW code.

Merlin,
Coming from "pixie dust" on the N66U to 33b3 would you recommend a reset of NVRAM or not necessary? If I can avoid putting all my settings in when I don't have to.....but will if it makes a difference. ;)

Thanks

I keep wondering if this has anything to do with the Netgear lawsuit over Asus fudging the wireless signal figures so that they were out of speck but reporting for cert different numbers. At least so the lawsuit goes. So folks think this is the real reason that the older firmware disappeared on the Asus site.
Who knows for sure other then Asus of course. ;)
--bill

It doesn't. If you need further proof, tests I did last night with the AC66U and N66U sitting side by side on the same shelf showed that the N66U signal strength was much lower (nearly 10 dBm less) than the AC66U. It would make no sense for Asus to drop one router's output lower than another of their own routers.

Since this thread his really quieted down, can we expect the final version of 3.0.0.4.374.33 soon?

Not yet. I will most likely have one last beta out before that, I need a thing or two tested in it. No idea when that will be, will depend on when I find the time for it.

Merlin,
Coming from "pixie dust" on the N66U to 33b3 would you recommend a reset of NVRAM or not necessary? If I can avoid putting all my settings in when I don't have to.....but will if it makes a difference. ;)

Thanks

That won't be necessary, the two firmwares are very close to one another. Asl ong you did one when you first switched to pixie dust.

Just wondering, Is the source for this firmware older than the latest one from Asus (3.0.0.4.374.726)?

If it is older, will there be an updated firmware which uses the new base?

Thanks

Just wondering, Is the source for this firmware older than the latest one from Asus (3.0.0.4.374.726)?

If it is older, will there be an updated firmware which uses the new base?

Thanks

It's based on 720. The only changes in 726 were two pages related to Quick Internet Setup, and some tweaks to the build system. No other code change.

Dear RMerlin,
i'm a new user of Asus RT-AC66U and currently using official firmware 3.0.0.4.374.726.

I'm interesting Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 since i have some trouble from 5GHz disappear after put macbook pro mid 2012 to sleep for sometime. this is also happening with macbook air late 2011.

- both 2.4 and 5 GHz are not hidden as per suggestion of apple.
- all devices are fix ip.

so, i need to try Asuswrt-Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.33 Beta 3 to see whether it can solve my problem or not.

updating this firmware is the same procedure with official or not.

thank you in advance and sorry for my english.

regards

Rolling back to SDK5.1

After some lurking around here I would like to post my experiences.
First of all, Merlin thanks for the great work you've been doing!

After a couple of days testing the beta3 I'm rolling back to the beta 3 with SDK 5.1
With SDK6 I lost signal in my bedroom, which used to be 1 to 2 bars (iPhone and iPad) with 5.1

Any insights if reception is going to improve after Asus has done some tweaking with SDK6?

After some lurking around here I would like to post my experiences.
First of all, Merlin thanks for the great work you've been doing!

After a couple of days testing the beta3 I'm rolling back to the beta 3 with SDK 5.1
With SDK6 I lost signal in my bedroom, which used to be 1 to 2 bars (iPhone and iPad) with 5.1

Any insights if reception is going to improve after Asus has done some tweaking with SDK6?

No idea. We'll only know once they've actually looked at it.

Because of the differences in signal strength between the SDK 5.1 and SDK 6 wireless drivers, will you be releasing two separate builds of each release? I am all 2.4GHz here and cannot afford to lose signal strength.

If two releases will not be made, I wonder if you could kindly label which SDK has been used in each firmware.

Thank you

DrT

Because of the differences in signal strength between the SDK 5.1 and SDK 6 wireless drivers, will you be releasing two separate builds of each release? I am all 2.4GHz here and cannot afford to lose signal strength.

If two releases will not be made, I wonder if you could kindly label which SDK has been used in each firmware.

Will do for the final 33 release. I cannot speak for future release because it will always depend on various factors, but as long I don't run into issues merging new code while retaining the old SDK and the issue remains as serious as it currently is, I should have an experimental SDK5 released in parallel as well.

It helps that I no longer have to also compile four experimental releases for DW and RP, saves me a lot of time.

Right now i have Tomato on my router, what would be the best version to install at this time, if you guys don't mind sharing that info with me.

Should i go with Beta or Experimental?

When stable version comes out, do we have to do factory reset (clear nvram) from latest beta?

Thank you very much.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!