What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything works great here, rt-n66u!

Skickat från Samsung Galaxy S3 via Tapatalk Pro

When will 374.40 be out for AC68U?
Hi,

The answer is: "Propably never!" :rolleyes:
Read first posting of the thread on this topic... :eek:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

I've installed 374.40 on rt-n66u, works fine at the moment, i see logo for external hard drive has some problem, not center. This in network map menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

IMPORTANT: The RT-AC68U build is still unstable. Neither Asus nor myself have been successful in tracking down the cause yet. For this reason, the 374.40 release for the AC68U will be labeled as 374.40-beta3. Some people aren't affected by the issue (only two reboots over the course of two weeks for myself), but for the rest, 374.40-alpha4 remains the last known stable build.

RMerlin,

Do I understand correctly that this doesn't affect the RT-AC56U?

Is the 374.40 firmware the recommended firmware for the RT-AC56U or does it follow in it's almost identical (hardware) footsteps of it's big brother and we should be installing -alpha4 on it too?

RMerlin,

Do I understand correctly that this doesn't affect the RT-AC56U?

I haven't seen report of reboot issues with the AC56U, compared to the numerous reports about it with Asus's stock firmware, so I suspect that the AC56U is not affected by this issue.

Is the 374.40 firmware the recommended firmware for the RT-AC56U or does it follow in it's almost identical (hardware) footsteps of it's big brother and we should be installing -alpha4 on it too?

Unless proven otherwise, I recommend going with 374.40 for the AC56U.

Good to hear you're taking a break, Merlin. Not only for your sake, but also because it actually inspires me to upgrade. It's too easy to put it off when there's always another release just around the corner. :D Thanks for all the hard work.

I've installed 374.40 on rt-n66u, works fine at the moment, i see logo for external hard drive has some problem, not center. This in network map menu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

IE issue, Firefox and chrome works just fine..

Chris

When will 374.40 be out for AC68U?

Have you send a bug report to Asus?
If that is a "No", then the answer from joegreat will become the truth.

So actually it's up to you. (And other AC68U owners.)

I reported the reduced WiFi range issue with SDK6 drivers on my RT-N66U.
(Currently fixed by RMerlin with the -em compile option, however still needs to be fixed by Asus!)

Flash Asus latest, then report bugs here.

Last edited:
I haven't seen report of reboot issues with the AC56U, compared to the numerous reports about it with Asus's stock firmware, so I suspect that the AC56U is not affected by this issue.

Unless proven otherwise, I recommend going with 374.40 for the AC56U.

I ran 374.40Beta1 for 6 days, and as I WFH I have not experienced any reboot/instabilty issues on the RT-AC56U (although I do have my RT-N66U 374.39-em) to fallback on.

The only thing that made me slightly apprehensive was RMerlin's observation that the RT-AC56U may in very very rare cases be prone to taking a bad flash, so the $5 serial cable might be a life-saver, but I am prepared to take the risk! :D

Now upgraded to 374.40 (both units) and all is fine.

Many thanks to RMerlin for his efforts.

P.S. "Caveat Emptor" to all those that find it necessary to persistently whinge about wifi drivers/performance - when this has been politely stated many times that this is all out of RMerlin's control.

Regards,

I upgraded both my AC-66 and N-66 this morning. So far the only thing I've seen is a number of random connection resets, but I'm not yet certain if this is the router or the ISP.

Merlin, thank you for all the hard work and enjoy the break.

rt-n66u , updated & Reset it to Merlins 40

still not showing CPU Temp under tools

checked Product ID and it shows it right Asus RT-N66U

not even showing CPU temp under administration

If I am not mistaken, RT-N66U have never showed CPU Temp. I have one myself, and it have not ever been present in any version as far as I know.

If you read the changelog I guess you think this is for your model:
- FIXED: Incorrect model detection prevented CPU temperature
from being shown on the Sysinfo page on the "R" SKUs.
But that is regarding the router RT-N66R: http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTN66R/ if I am not mistaken again.

Correct me someone, if I am wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hard work Merlin, and enjoy your break ;)

If I am not mistaken, RT-N66U have never showed CPU Temp. I have one myself, and it have not ever been present in any version as far as I know.

If you read the changelog I guess you think this is for your model:

But that is regarding the router RT-N66R: http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTN66R/ if I am not mistaken again.

Correct me someone, if I am wrong.

my bad , so the 66U does not have a cpu sensor? .

68u is displaying cpu temp and i thought the 66u will do the same as well

I read the changelog and i thought it's meant to fix a bug with the R models

Last edited:
Working well , transfer rates and signal are great , best yet , AC 66 , edimax 1200 usb , various intel cards and linksys wrt usb 600 clients .

374.40 is running fine for me for the past 14 hours.

Thanks to Merlin for his hard work on this.

Is it safe to flash over wi-fi instead of an ethernet connection?

I use a Macbook Air at home. In the past I used the office laptop with an ethernet connection to the router to flash.

Is it safe to flash over wi-fi instead of an ethernet connection?

I use a Macbook Air at home. In the past I used the office laptop with an ethernet connection to the router to flash.

NO, DO NOT Flash over wifi unless you want a paperweight instead of a router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!