What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 374.40 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These "WAN Connection: Ethernet link up"s come regularly, but if I have no heavy downloads they disappear. Who would you guess is more likely culprit: the router or powerline adapters? Have no way to replace adapters to see if anything is changed. And yes, 374.40 on AC66.

Highly unlikely to be the router (unless the Ethernet port were physically detective). Ethernet link down/up messages refer to the physical link between the WAN interface and the modem (or in your case, the powerline adapter).

Start by replacing the Ethernet cable itself between the adapter and the router.

I would highly doubt the game is causing a reboot, I have never had a router/modem reboot because of a game and my wife and I play wow together all the time. If this is happening then I would look at some other factor like heat that might be causing this. is all your gear crammed into a closet or something?

I have zero heat issues.
I can't say for certain that it has ever rebooted any of my routers.
But I can say that on rare occasions it did cause the cable modem to reboot on a very stable connection with good signals and excellent ping plots. I don't think it has happened since I got a DOCSIS 3 modem years ago.

Firma ver 374.40

RT-N66U

start whit my router GLITHE one times.
Today completely dead on wan port

PLANNING AN RESSET
HAS NEVER HAPPENED ON ANY ROUTER I HAD THE LAST 15 YEARS

Everything seem ok in the router but it does not address internet on wan

I change the router to the other Dlink works directly

Now I have tried switching back forth between asus and Merlin firm ver

But does not work it says connected, must be something with dns

Can not ping out

I tested the router in repeater mode then it works ok.
can also ping out .

I try another router internet works directly

Reset on wan, how are the command line to do it

Reset buttons on the router does not HELP!

Asus wan port that stays connected no internet :(

What do you think could be wrong ?

Google trans

Last edited:
I have zero heat issues.
I can't say for certain that it has ever rebooted any of my routers.
But I can say that on rare occasions it did cause the cable modem to reboot on a very stable connection with good signals and excellent ping plots. I don't think it has happened since I got a DOCSIS 3 modem years ago.

I believed you mentioned you had an AC68? which version of code you running? There is a stability issue right now with the 40 code on that router.

dear merlin,

with this firmware e with all sdk6 fw, i have problem with game online, while i can say that i haven't any problem with last sdk5 374.35_4 of merlin firmware

See this ping test during playing online with football manager:

Schermata_2014_03_17_alle_23_38_35.png

Was just into a part of the house where the 2.4 wireless has not been good for a long time no matter what version of Merlin I was running. With the .40 I can report I am getting better signal strength. Seems to be as good as when the RT-N66U was purchased, has not been for a long time. Yippy!! This is with the default 80 mw setting.
Thanks for the great work Merlin.
--bill :)

Enjoy your break RMerlin! You deserve it! We will be waiting for you come back with fresh ideeas :)

Is anybody having an issue with the iPad dropping from 5G with this firmware on the N66U?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Is anybody having an issue with the iPad dropping from 5G with this firmware on the N66U?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It looks like it's working for you since you sent that message from your iPad.... ahahah
Anyway I have't notices anything but maybe it's picking up my 2.4GHz if it does disconnected. One thing you could try is go into your wifi settings on your iPad and erase your wifi you need to hit forget this network. Then reconnect. that seems to do the trick when i have problems with connectivity on my iPad.

I don't know if this is a merlin bug or an asus bug.

RT-AC66U

Activate AI Cloud -> Smart Access
Go to setting > share link manager and checkmark the box beside the file.
Another language (Chinese?) shows up.

http://i.imgur.com/uHxGOMv.png

It looks like it's working for you since you sent that message from your iPad.... ahahah
Anyway I have't notices anything but maybe it's picking up my 2.4GHz if it does disconnected. One thing you could try is go into your wifi settings on your iPad and erase your wifi you need to hit forget this network. Then reconnect. that seems to do the trick when i have problems with connectivity on my iPad.

Over the last few days I've removed and re-added both the 3.4 and 5g profiles on the ipad.

It can connect on 5G, but won't stay up.

I previously was running the .39em. I did an in-place upgrade to 4.0 and did not reset so as not to lose all of my settings.

Would a reset fix things? I have some stuff backed up but it would be a lot of work to redo the ad blocking features.

A reset seems to be the only logical option at this point, even with the work required to setup ad blocking again.

I am trying out this firmware for the first time on my Asus RT-N66U router.

I don't know if its just me or not, but all ten of the routers displayed when I do a site survey, all show 100% strength. I know that's not correct. Previously I was using the Shibby firmware, and many of those other routers had weak site survey signals.

One thing I do like better about the Shibby firmware is that it displays the connected client list and the connection stats/signal strength as a live screen, not as a text file.

But I am getting a stronger wireless signal with this Merlin firmware.

Last edited:
Over the last few days I've removed and re-added both the 3.4 and 5g profiles on the ipad.

It can connect on 5G, but won't stay up.

I previously was running the .39em. I did an in-place upgrade to 4.0 and did not reset so as not to lose all of my settings.

Would a reset fix things? I have some stuff backed up but it would be a lot of work to redo the ad blocking features.

Well if you read the redme.txt and Merlin does suggest to do this here on the website it is a good practice to reset your router back to default settings. Especially if yo're having performance issues. (I mean wireless performance issues by the way)What settings are you talking about? If it' just wireless settings and your log in settings that's not hard to re enter manually.

I am trying out this firmware for the first time on my Asus RT-N66U router.

I don't know if its just me or not, but all ten of the routers displayed when I do a site survey, all show 100% strength. I know that's not correct. Previously I was using the Shibby firmware, and many of those other routers had weak site survey signals.

It's a bug that occasionally happens with the wireless driver. Restarting the wireless services usually fixes it.

Is it something I should be concerned about?

I have them too. Not tried it but found this. It should be done in your Windows.

Open the administrative tool Local Security Policy.

Under Local Policies, open Security Options.

In the long list of policies, find Network Security: LAN Manager authentication level.

Set this to use NTLMv2 if negotiated.

My wife posted yesterday as I was out at work, and she thanks you for the pointless sarcasm, you must feel very special.. :rolleyes:

joegreat is absolutely 110% correct. And BTW, I have also been on the wrong end too for not searching. My bad NOT his.

My wife is even banned from even touching the router antennas even if they ARE resting against the wall ;). She has special permission to breathe within a couple of yards on MY computers.

SO this version has SDK6 in EM mode to fix the wifi range problem. Can someone confirm it is remotely close to .276? Im having trouble with the latest shibby reseting so id like to go back to merlin (parents router, hunt and peck typers). .720+ was just horrible for the bluray players and older phones, and i have the router almost dead center in the house. PS dont care about 5ghz band.

I can confirm 2.4 band range is slightly less with SDK6em builds. I have a large house with some computers & thermostats that will only hook to the 2.4 band. At opposite end of house thermostat will hook up & stay hooked on near wall of bedroom but wife's computer will not hook / stay connected on other side of bedroom. My guesstimate is 2.4 band range shrunk about 6-8 feet.
I know you said you did not care about the 5.0 band but that improved significantly with SDK6em builds. Where the SDK5 builds had hardly any range at all, the SDK6em 5.0 band almost has the same range as the 2.4 band if you run the RT-N66 on the lowest channel possible, I run on 36.

I have an EA-N66 that I run in a AP mode. On the SDK5 drivers I ran the SAP on 5.0 band to cover the house (still had bad spots), with the SDK6em drivers I now run the AP on the 2.4 band to get the house covered because the RT-N66 5.0 band now covers enough of the house.

My suggestion would be to try the SDK6em builds to see if they will work in your situation.

I can confirm 2.4 band range is slightly less with SDK6em builds. I have a large house with some computers & thermostats that will only hook to the 2.4 band. At opposite end of house thermostat will hook up & stay hooked on near wall of bedroom but wife's computer will not hook / stay connected on other side of bedroom. My guesstimate is 2.4 band range shrunk about 6-8 feet.
I know you said you did not care about the 5.0 band but that improved significantly with SDK6em builds. Where the SDK5 builds had hardly any range at all, the SDK6em 5.0 band almost has the same range as the 2.4 band if you run the RT-N66 on the lowest channel possible, I run on 36.

I have an EA-N66 that I run in a AP mode. On the SDK5 drivers I ran the SAP on 5.0 band to cover the house (still had bad spots), with the SDK6em drivers I now run the AP on the 2.4 band to get the house covered because the RT-N66 5.0 band now covers enough of the house.

My suggestion would be to try the SDK6em builds to see if they will work in your situation.

That's exactly what I came up with is 6-8 feet difference when I tested EM vs sdk5. I guesstimated it was more like 6 feet on 2.4 ghz. But I never tested anything on 5ghz, but from an eyeball test, EM and sdk5 were about the same on 5ghz. The new asus stock firmware works well too, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!