What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 376.44 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Nope. Also not running at the default address. No problems here. Are you sure no other device is running at the same IP?

I probably should have mention that this only happens from a reset to default and then a fresh configuration. I also only use IE and or firefox.

No other device on the network is using the assigned IP, and as I mentioned before, the official release doesn't have this conflict.

but if its just me, I guess there is something else at play. thanks for the feedback

-supe

Does changing the WiFi region not work in this release? I'm changing my region using the following set of commands, however I'm still getting the default set of channels (1-13 for 2.4GHz and 36-48 for 5GHz). N66U.

Go back down to 42_2...Or check the thread on how to modify the bootloader cfe file.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I finally got 746.44 to work on my router.
Seems that Betas messed it up so much i have to reset it to defaults, downgrade to .43 and then upgrade back to .44
Only weird thing are these messages in the log:
Code:
Aug  8 18:58:56 kernel: eth2: received packet with  own address as source address

I probably should have mention that this only happens from a reset to default and then a fresh configuration. I also only use IE and or firefox.

No other device on the network is using the assigned IP, and as I mentioned before, the official release doesn't have this conflict.

but if its just me, I guess there is something else at play. thanks for the feedback

-supe

Exactly the same situation as mine. When you renumber; the DHCP pool also changes and your laptop must get a new address. Could this have something to do with it?

Try a fixed address for your laptop after the renumbering to finalize configuration and then set it to DHCP again when finished.

Seems that Betas messed it up so much i have to reset it to defaults, downgrade to .43 and then upgrade back to .44
Code:
Aug  8 18:58:56 kernel: eth2: received packet with  own address as source address

Don't worry about those. That's a known quirk from all firmwares, even non-Merlin.

Code:

I see one of these logged every time an AC client connects. Maybe something in the AC connect negotiation?

I have owned the N66 and now the 68U and I have never once got that message in the log. Strange..

Never been without it. I suspect it got something to do when my clients switch over from an other (wired) ap to the router. Though I have seen reports on this log message under different circumstances.

Code:

A couple of reasons I have seen.

Can happen from having the same SSID on both bands.

Can happen from having the same client connect wired and wireless.

A couple of reasons I have seen.

Can happen from having the same SSID on both bands.

Can happen from having the same client connect wired and wireless.

^^^^ I occasionally see this error from a client connected to wired and wireless.

This driver is terrible. Getting one bar on my Nexus 5 on 5 Ghz only about 10 meters away when I was before able to get 2 to 3 bars. Nothing downstairs in my parents house. Went back to 374.43.

This driver is terrible. Getting one bar on my Nexus 5 on 5 Ghz only about 10 meters away when I was before able to get 2 to 3 bars. Nothing downstairs in my parents house. Went back to 374.43.
I don't think it's the wireless driver, I think it's the unknown, preset mW rating.

I don't think it's the wireless driver, I think it's the unknown, preset mW rating.

The driver has not changed except maybe for N66 users. And i do believe Asus has dummied the power down on all the 376.xxx firmwares and will never go back. Stick with 374.43 and lower versions.

The driver has not changed except maybe for N66 users. And i do believe Asus has dummied the power down on all the 376.xxx firmwares and will never go back. Stick with 374.43 and lower versions.

Thanks. That's what I am doing I will be on 374.43 for the life of the router until I buy a new different brand one down the road.

Starting with firmware versions 376_xxxx, Asus is locking down channel and power output to what`s in the bootloader, due to FCC requirements.

What power does Asus lock it down to? I always left it at the default 80mw.
The new driver has much worse signal so the number may be lower.

What power does Asus lock it down to? I always left it at the default 80mw.
The new driver has much worse signal so the number may be lower.

This has everything to do with the FCC coming down on Asus because Netgear sued them saying Asus routers were exceeding the power limits allowed by home routers in the USA. Now Asus is scared and changing there firmwares to comply. Effectively destroying the range of a great router.

If i got this wrong please correct me. The same thing is going on with the region and country settings. I dont know why Asus fears the USA FCC they are mostly all bark and very little bite.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!