What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.56_2 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Since this version I am seeing quite a lot of these notifications. Anyone have the same issue and more important, what is causing it?

Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.9:1900
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.10:1900
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.9:45090
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.2:35753
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.203:52099
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.203:39887
Nov 13 19:54:23 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.10:36546
Nov 13 19:54:24 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.18:1900
Nov 13 19:54:24 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.18:1900
Nov 13 19:54:24 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.80:1900
Nov 13 19:54:25 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.18:1900
Nov 13 19:54:25 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.18:1900
Nov 13 19:54:25 miniupnpd[732]: Unknown udp packet received from 192.168.1.2:39353

Hello thanks for Merlin firmware

is it possible in the 358.57 or later, we can rename the VPN?
namely to easily identify when you put it in operation,
which would be more eloquent than customer1 ....
Thanks

Hi,

I just did an upgrade to the entware by executing
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

and I received a notification stating that the feed is no more supported and an instruction to install entware-ng (or is it optware-ng?). However, I executed something else which cleared the console and I can't seem to get the instruction back.

Anyone has the instruction? Would be great if you could paste it here.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I just did an upgrade to the entware by executing
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade

and I received a notification stating that the feed is no more supported and an instruction to install entware-ng (or is it optware-ng?). However, I executed something else which cleared the console and I can't seem to get the instruction back.

Anyone has the instruction? Would be great if you could paste it here.

Thanks in advance.
Here you go

Code:
wget -O - http://entware.zyxmon.org/binaries/mipsel/installer/upgrade.sh | sh

Despite the box and the router saying I have a 68U the cpu speed and USB 3 performance seems to indicate I have a 68P on the inside. Its 1000mhz not 800.

What command do I use via Telnet to identify the insides?

Here's what I have based on clkfreq and CAT /proc/cpuinfo.

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Mon Nov 2 14:58:44 UTC 2015
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# nvram get clkfreq
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v7l)
processor : 0
BogoMIPS : 2398.61

processor : 1
BogoMIPS : 2398.61

Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0

Hardware : Northstar Prototype
Revision : 0000
Serial : 0000000000000000
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root#

Last edited:
N66, 56_2:

If OpenVN client1 is On, clicking it off immediately applies the setting and turns the client off. If you click the "apply settings" button at the bottom, while client 1 is "Off", it turns it "on".

Upgraded from 378.55-beta2 to 378.56_2 today. I keep getting directed to log in again after hitting "Apply" in OpenVPN client settings (/Advanced_OpenVPNClient_Content.asp) or trying to enable the client. This prevents me from using the OpenVPN client.

When running httpd -s -p 8443 in the foreground I get a "Bus error" upon entering the VPN client page. This seems to be related to the contents of /jffs/openvpn/vpn_crt_client?_ca. Also, the CA extention (ca-bundle) need a much large character count. Comodo DCV (economy certs) chains are nearing 8k. I noticed the extended CA info doesn't seem to be getting saved. (RT-N66U).

The only way I've found to make this work is starting the client with short certs, killing it from the command line, fixing the files in /etc/openvpn/client? (remember to "unix2dos" on them) and restart the openvpn client manually.

N66, 56_2:

If OpenVN client1 is On, clicking it off immediately applies the setting and turns the client off. If you click the "apply settings" button at the bottom, while client 1 is "Off", it turns it "on".

Make sure you don't have Start with WAN enabled, otherwise that will cause the VPN service to automatically restart on settings application.

When running httpd -s -p 8443 in the foreground I get a "Bus error" upon entering the VPN client page. This seems to be related to the contents of /jffs/openvpn/vpn_crt_client?_ca. Also, the CA extention (ca-bundle) need a much large character count. Comodo DCV (economy certs) chains are nearing 8k. I noticed the extended CA info doesn't seem to be getting saved. (RT-N66U).

The only way I've found to make this work is starting the client with short certs, killing it from the command line, fixing the files in /etc/openvpn/client? (remember to "unix2dos" on them) and restart the openvpn client manually.

Increasing that field is out of question. It would require increasing a whole bunch of internal buffers throughout the entire firmware.

That field should contain just the CA certificate, not a whole bundle. If they really require you to provide 8 KB of chained certificates, then you will have to find another way of providing it, or switch to a provider who doesn't require such a long chain.

Just a question using 56_2. I thought Merlin fixed the issue of Ram usage climbing day by day on this version but i am noticing every time i log in to the GUI it keeps slowly creeping higher and higher with no changes from me to settings. I am also aware this is suppose to be nothing to worry about but just wondering whats causing the slow increase in the Ram usage and what happens when it reaches 100% ?

No flames here i dont have the time to read every post here in this thread so sorry if it's been covered. ;)

I have found that if you log in using ssh (winscp), and are using wireless on a computer - sometimes as soon as you try to log in via ssh - the wireless crashes and you need to disable then re-enable wireless on the laptop for it to work again. This just happens when using ssh for me. This has been like this since 378.55 and onwards. The last version this worked OK for me was 378.54.2. I'm using a Asus RT87U router.

Just a question using 56_2. I thought Merlin fixed the issue of Ram usage climbing day by day on this version but i am noticing every time i log in to the GUI it keeps slowly creeping higher and higher with no changes from me to settings. I am also aware this is suppose to be nothing to worry about but just wondering whats causing the slow increase in the Ram usage and what happens when it reaches 100% ?

No flames here i dont have the time to read every post here in this thread so sorry if it's been covered. ;)

The other user (sorry, can't track them down right now) saw that the ram usage dropped after the third day or so. So, nothing to worry about. Ram is meant to be used and it is being used by the router as needed and freed when not anymore.

Having issues upgrading from 378.56 to 378.56_2 on RT-AC66U

Firmware upgrade unsuccessful. This may result from incorrect image or error transmission. Please check the version of firmware and try again.

SHA256 check is correct.. have re-downloaded like 5 times.. on Chrome and firefox on Mac

never had this issue before while upgrading.. anyone else having this ?

The other user (sorry, can't track them down right now) saw that the ram usage dropped after the third day or so. So, nothing to worry about. Ram is meant to be used and it is being used by the router as needed and freed when not anymore.
When i was asking same question i told that after 8 days it was still increasing RAM usage. From 19 to 35% in 8 days of uplink. Decreasing back to 18-19% only after reboot.

Hi,

I use the ssh socks proxy a lot. Since I updated to 378.56_2 some sites will not load thorugh the proxy while others work without problem. Sites like www.google.com and www.yahoo.com do not work but others do (like www.snbforums.com). If I use ipv4.google.com it also works. I think it is somehow related to the fact that some sites like to load their ipv6 versions and this fails if your router doesn't have a ipv6 connection (just a gues).

I have a n66u router.

Previous versions of the FW did work perfectly on all pages. Maybe a bug in the new version of dropbear?

Marc

Interesting! I've got the same issue and I was blaming HTTPS scanning in the kaspersky antivirus we use at work. I've found it to only happen on sites that use https.

I have found that if you log in using ssh (winscp), and are using wireless on a computer - sometimes as soon as you try to log in via ssh - the wireless crashes and you need to disable then re-enable wireless on the laptop for it to work again. This just happens when using ssh for me. This has been like this since 378.55 and onwards. The last version this worked OK for me was 378.54.2. I'm using a Asus RT87U router.

I'm constantly logging into my router over SSH from my wireless laptop while doing development, no problem at all.

Having issues upgrading from 378.56 to 378.56_2 on RT-AC66U

SHA256 check is correct.. have re-downloaded like 5 times.. on Chrome and firefox on Mac

never had this issue before while upgrading.. anyone else having this ?

Tried a forum search with that error message? I think that same question gets answered almost on a daily basis... Reboot your router first to free up RAM, then flash again.

Will search next time.. had gone through this thread's couple of pages so posted..

Still wondering what's up with my 1000mhz 68U. Beyond the cpuinfo is there any other command I can run via CLI to identify the insides?

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-AC68U_3.0.0.4 Mon Nov 2 14:58:44 UTC 2015
nvram get model RT-AC68U
nvram get boardtype 0x0665
nvram get bl_version 1.0.2.5

BCM94709r found for board type 0x0665

Also while for the most part applying commands does not cause the USB 3 attached drive to get lost. However on some warm boots it is gone. I have to either do power off or unplug and then plug back in, of course, the drive. When this happens the LED is illuminated as if attached but it is not found.

Still something happening with an attached USB 3 drive during some warm boots that doesn't find, reinitialize, something, the USB 3 drive.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!