What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.57 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Even on this release.... Overclocking is not fixed... 3 releases and no good news yet :( ???

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

i flashed my AC66U and its working perfectly. If yours doesn't work do a factory reset then reload the firmware.
Tried that 3 or 4 times with each alpha and final , is no go , at least in media bridge mode

Flashed my AC68U, factory reset, it is very slow, just like the official firmware it's based on. I went from 920 Mbps to 812 Mbps on speedtest (wired connection). Guess I'll revert to the previous firmware.
Merlin, do you know what may cause this difference in speed between 378 and 380 firmwares?

Later edit: With AIProtection settings enables things are even worse, I can barely attain 800 Mbps, while on 378 firmwares it went above 900. Definitely something strange...

WOW! I wish I had just a fraction of the WAN speeds you and others on here appear to have!

I live in the Southern Sierra Nevada mountains, a few miles southwest of Yosemite Valley in Yosemite NP. The fastest internet service we have available up here in 2015/2016 is 14 Mbps down and 0.83 Mbps up! Those speeds are part of what our rural phone company calls their "Premium DSL Service"! lol! ;) And that plan can be yours for just $99.99 per month! ;)

I thought that might give you guys with these blazing fast internet plans a bit of perspective! ;)

Last edited:
Okay that must be it, i am NOT using it in media bridge mode which would explain why its working for me.

Just imagine how all this must be for someone like Merlin! All these various options that each and every router model can be running with, and in many cases, even the use or non use of a single feature can make a huge difference in whether or not some recently discovered bug strikes a user, or fails to strike!

That would drive me insane!

Disable "USB 3.0 Inteference reduction".

Thanks

Tried that, no joy, so I tried a different USB 3 thumb drive and it worked just fine, so it must have something to do with the Sandisk drives themselves, I have a few Sandisk drives and tried them all, none worked, so I am now using a Transend Jetflash USB 3 drive, which works fine.

I am a tad stumped.

Again thanks for all your hard work, and I hope your personal issue's are sorted ASAP.

Last edited:
. This will be especially appreciated by all those new 68U customers who got a new router for Christmas. ;)

that's exactly my case , i got a brand new one for xmas and now? Am i going to have a broken support for ever for my router? :/ funny i had chosen asus over netgear for the so called better support :(

Ok, call me crazy but i didn't do the factory reset on my Ac68u & everything has been running fine. Should i though ?

Many thanks as always Merlin!

All working fine so far on my 68U. No reset required for me either (but I had come from Alpha version).

HB

Still unable to find out what's causing the severe speed drop on my 68u (A1 HW version), as pointed here (http://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-380-57-is-now-available.29308/page-2#post-226318). However, on my router, 2.4 GHz band seems to work fine.
Merlin, would you be so kind to provide an information on the speed drop, please?
This is probably related to the closed source part of the drivers/sdk, so RMerlin probably can't help you here... This has been the case with more of ' these kind' of questions. I guess RMerlin has a macro to answer these questions, but still...

that's exactly my case , i got a brand new one for xmas and now? Am i going to have a broken support for ever for my router? :/ funny i had chosen asus over netgear for the so called better support :(
Then load the default Asus firmware and use their board to get support. This (RMerlin's firmware and board) is privately modded firmware where the original drivers and closed source parts are not tampered with. So you're complaining at the wrong window.

Thanks Merlin for your hard work.

Flashed my AC3200 works perfectly on 380.57

Flashed my AC66 (repeater mode) but I had to revert it to 378.56_2 rebooted constantly every few minutes.

Back on 56_2 it works perfect (wifi link to ac3200)

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

/Tinraz

I have the same problem with the AC66U in repeater mode, tried a factory reset but without success. I had to revert it to 378.56_2 too.

Thanks Merlin for the hard work

You can't sneak into your parents room? Hit the breakers outside the house
Actually the router is in my flat ~85 kilometers away from me right now, so unfortunately the solution is not that easy.
just refresh page and reboot through gui , works for me , I'nm never in the room the router ie , no problems yet , over 6 years doing it this way
Yeah, it's been the same for me until this release, that's why I've taken the risk to flash remotely, but this time I couldn't do anything at all with the router after the flashing finished.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Xmas Eric!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!