What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 380.58 is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

1 issue.
Everytime I reboot the router any openvpn client connections setup (but not set to run) re start.
Odd thing though is client 1 and 2 started up but not 3.
Also have a PPTP client set up but that didnt start.

Works on my 5300 but I am getting half the speeds on my Macbook and iPhone that I was getting with the alpha 3 build of 380.58

I suspect I'm having a similar issue. My IPTV has stopped working completely (BT TV in the UK).

Ditto here, BT youview, anything Internet driven and catch up is fine, Internet is PPPOE and IPTV is straight ethernet on the wan port. The broadcast IPTV packets ( not delivered via PPPOE) are not being forwarded.

this 380.58 has problem for IPTV...this is bug with gpl 380_1354 code....we have to wait for newer release with newest gpl code....

sent from Kodi 17 Krypton

iptv working fine for me.

The decoder box is set to static details ( was driven by the movistar router on their cheap plastic can previously)

I'm running this release on my RT-AC56U and something weired is happening.

I have only wireless devices connected to 5Ghz Wifi network.....but 2.4Ghz led blinks like it has activity and 5Ghz led always fixed (not blinks).

It's like a bug?? Or it's really like this?

Regards!

EDIT: After I connect at least one 2.4Ghz device the 2.4Ghz led starts blinking (normal)....but after I disconnect it....it continues blinking.

In other hand, on 5Ghz the LED is always fixed and not blinking.....having 5Ghz device connected or not.....

Can someone confirm this behavior?

Regards

Last edited:
I'm running this release on my RT-AC56U and something weired is happening.

I have only wireless devices connected to 5Ghz Wifi network.....but 2.4Ghz led blinks like it has activity and 5Ghz led always fixed (not blinks).

It's like a bug?? Or it's really like this?

Regards!

EDIT: After I connect at least one 2.4Ghz device the 2.4Ghz led starts blinking (normal)....but after I disconnect it....it continues blinking.

In other hand, on 5Ghz the LED is always fixed and not blinking.....having 5Ghz device connected or not.....

Can someone confirm this behavior?

Regards

It's possible it's blinking because it's still broadcasting beacons, which is normal.

The LED control code itself is in the closed source driver, so I can't control it.

Ok, could be normal for 2.4Ghz led. In other hand the 5Ghz led probably have a different behavior because is always fixed.....never blinks even with activity!

Upgraded my RT-AC3200 from 380.57 to 380.58 flawlessly, so far so good since yesterday

Continu ton bon travail, d'un québecois :p

My RT-AC56U has a new stock fw from ASUS (fw 9.0.0.4.380.2695).

I upgraded it from Merlin 380.58 to that fw from ASUS and as result all LEDs are off....only power led works.....

I reverted to Merlin 380.58 and now is OK.

Do I miss something on upgrade to stock fw?

Regards

My rt-ac68u ipv6 was purring along until 380.58 was installed. I kept losing ipv6 like the above user said. How did this bug sneak back in if it was taken care of previously?

Since I disabled CTF, ipv6 stays connected. I'm just reporting this works.

Anyone having problem upgrading from 380.57 to 380.58 on RT-AC66R? I tried standard upgrade, restoring to default then upgrade, upgrading to an official Asus firmware then upgrading but everytime it upgrades, it just puts me in recovery mode. So I am back down to 380.57.

Regards,

Hi, here 380.58 in AP mode and works great. A question: the Asus Router App for iOS is compatible with this firmware? because I can't find the Router when I use the App.

Thanks in advance.

I've upgrade my router AC87U from 56_2 to 58 and everything goes well but for these few days of testing i have problem with my 2.4 GHZ WiFi network, speed drops almost every few seconds. It shows 50-60 MBPS and efter few seconds shows 6 mpbs. Also when browsing i feel these delay of page loading. Yesterday when return to home i've connect to router but there's no internet connection. In a syslog nothing to show. Upgrade was made without router restore and VNRAM clear. I'll try with this later. After reverting to 56_2 internet goes very fast.
I can't test 5 GHz network because i try to avoid this band according battery issue.

Thanks..

Hi, I tried to upgrade my RT-AC68U from version 380.56_2 to 380.58 (I also to tried 380.57) and I always get an error saying that the file is corrupt. I checked the checksum of the file and it is ok. This is the first time that I have any problem upgrading.
The logs don't show anything (at least the ones shown in the web interface). The only difference now from previous updates is that now I have 4 USB disks shared as smb shares from the router.
I disabled the smb service but I still had the same error.

Any ideas?

You need to disconnect the USBs. Failing that reboot (still with USBs disconnected) and try again.

HB

Anyone experienced problems with DoS prevention turned on (380.58) and port forward used?
My case:
AC87U, upgraded from 378.56_2 to 380.58 (380.57 had many issues to me). No reset after upgrade - just reboot. All work fine, for a first sight.
On the LAN side I have Synology NAS (FTP service up) and port forvarding config for it (21 and 5001 for web interface of NAS) on AC87U.
Access from WAN side to FTP and web interface of NAS, on 378.56_2 was without any issues. But, after upgrade to 380.58, I've experienced some kind of deny of access for those services (for example - can connect to FTP just one time in, probably, twenty tries). Nothing changed on the NAS side, and AC87U accessible from WAN, WebUI of AC87U show port forwarding is up and work.
So, when I tried to switch off a whole firewall on the AC87U - issue is gone! After that, I tried to switch firewall back on, and, just off a DoS prevention - no issue with forwarding!!! Tried to back DoS prevention on - issue is back. Now, I've turned DoS prevention off for a working port forward.
So, probably something changed here, in DoS prevention??? or here is some kind of interference with port forwarding feature????

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!