What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.7 is now available for all models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upgrade RT-AX88U & RT-AC3100 from V386.7 to V386.7_2 via dirty firmware upgrade. 40+ devices (includes gaming, streaming, downloads, many IOT devices, etc.) and all appears to be working for main AX88U & backup AC3100 routers. Still postponing adding RT-AX58U with V386.5 XXX into AiMesh 2.0, until Guest Network #01 issue is fixed, as Guest network is #01, and IOT devices is #02 currently in my setup.

Thanks for the update merlin. It's about time I flick you some coin again.

Question for the boffins.

Been running ipsec no problems on my android 11 phone. Upgraded to Android 12 and can't connect to the router. RT-AX88u

Android 12 has removed IPSec / Xauth PSK.

Only
IKEv2/Ipsec MSCHAPv2

IKEv2/Ipsec PSK

IKEv2/Ipsec RSA

Are you looking at adding these protocols to future builds merlin?

I don't need to access Lan that often from my phone, however it's nice to have that option.

And yet another successful Merlin firmware installation in a long history of "dirty" upgrades on my RT-AC68U (a device whose previous name shall never again be spoken), with perfect success. As a matter of course, I generally wait a few weeks before installing full-incremental releases of Merlin firmware on my RT-AC68U, but install the dot updates when I happen to stumble upon them as I did this one. Well done---again.

Updated my RT-AX86 386.7 (which was running very fine), and after update still is running fine

Updated my AX88U*2 and AX58U to 386_7_2, dirty upgrade.

The setup is running smoothly so far, IPv6 and WiFi as well, for about last 5h or so.
So far, so good.
Thabk you @RMerlin

Hope you'd enjoy a small rest too now, or not?;)

386.7_2 is now available.

Code:
386.7_2 (24-July-2022)
- UPDATED: openssl to 1.1.1q.
- UPDATED: RT-AX86U driver + SDK updated to latest upstream version
- UPDATED: RT-AX88U and GT-AX11000 radio firmware downgraded to the
           previous version.
- FIXED: Some ISPs would fail to allocate a proper IPv6 prefix (tvlz)
- FIXED: Packet checksum errors logged when using DNSFilter in Router
         mode.  Router mode will no longer use DNAT, except for newer
         HND 5.04 models like the GT-AX6000 or XT12, which work
         properly.  Non-Router mode on HND will still use
         the new DNAT support added in 386.7.
- FIXED: Some SSH clients would end up with an incorrect PATH
         value for the default search path.
- FIXED: OpenVPN clients wouldn't get updated routing tables
         if an OpenVPN server was stopped/started while an
         OpenVPN client was connected
Hi RMerlin,

I was using the 386.7 on my two Gt-ax11000 (main and aimesh node) without any issue (that i know) because Asus was taking lot's of time to update their firmware.
Eventually Asus posted also their new firmware 386.49599, so have been using this for some 2 weeks now.
Now is see 386.7_2 with downgraded radio firmware for GT-ax11000 !
So what's the issue in 386.7 for the radio firmware?
Is there any difference with the one Asus is using in there latest firmware?

Thx Davy

Thanks @RMerlin !

Updated from 386.5_2 to 386.7_2 on my RT-AX86U with RT-AX86S as node (running latest stock). All runing smooth and a clean system log!

I have a RT-AC5300 connected via ethernet to a RT-AX88U. The AC5300 is in AiMesh mode. I applied the latest update (386.7_2) to it and it seems to have bricked the router. It won't function properly anymore. I unplugged it, waited a minute, then replugged. The internet light comes on before the power light. Then the power light comes on, but disappears again after a few seconds. This loops on forever. No connections whatsoever from the router.

Help please.

Last edited:
Dirty upgrade to 386.7_2 10 hours ago - made it through evening TV Streaming over 5Ghz and the night with no problems...
Many Thanks

I have a RT-AC5300 connected via ethernet to a RT-AX88U. The AC5300 is in AiMesh mode. I applied the latest update (386.7_2) to it and it seems to have bricked the router. It won't function properly anymore. I unplugged it, waited a minute, then replugged. The internet light comes on before the power light. Then the power light comes on, but disappears again after a few seconds. This loops on forever. No connections whatsoever from the router.

Help please.

Yesterday I did a dirty upgrade on my AX88 from 386.5_2 to latest 386.7_alpha.That again needed a reset to standard settings.
Today a dirty upgrade from 386.7_alpha to 386.7_2, all works well. Happy with the older wifi drivers, no more disconnects.

I applied the latest update (386.7_2) to it and it seems to have bricked the router.

Did you get a message to reboot the router manually at the end of the update process? I'm thinking about this issue:

Weird after 386.7.2 firmware update and reboot, firmware version did not change. Tried one more time, still shows 386.7_1-gd1340bd88e after update and reboot. Hmm Update, transposed 68 for 86 for the AX model, my bad not having my glasses on. Disregard error.

Updated successfully. :)
same here
rebooted manually as well
the update was successful but fw stayed the same

Several folks have said they were able to update their RT-AC68U to 386.7_2. I don't see the file in the Sourceforge folder. Can you please confirm 386.7_2 for the RT-AC68U (and RT-AC66U_B1) is available? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!