What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin and IPTV issue.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bruno_cesar

New Around Here
Hi.

I've just bought an rt-ac56u router and flashed Asuswrt-Merlin (v. 380.61) and I'm trying to setup my internet and IPTV. My internet connection is PPPOE-based tagged with vlan 10, it's working just fine. However, I'm struggling with the IPTV setup. My ISP provides an IPTV service on vlan 20 using static IP address. Here's my question.

How can I assign a static IP address protocol to my IPTV interface, and keep PPPOE on WAN interface?

I managed to make it work in a different router running OpenWRT firmware, since OpenWRT allows me to assign different connection protocols to each interface, but I'm interested on doing that on Asuswrt-Merlin FW.

OBS: I realized that Movistar Triple VLAN profile allows me to choose a static IP address, but I cannot assign a VID to any LAN port.

Does Movistar provide a residential gateway with their service?

If so, one approach might be to put the Asus into it's DMZ, and let the gateway handle the TV side to the set top boxes...

Does Movistar provide a residential gateway with their service?

If so, one approach might be to put the Asus into it's DMZ, and let the gateway handle the TV side to the set top boxes...

I don't know, Movistar is not my ISP. I used them as just an alternative since I cannot choose and Static IP through the manual option.

I'd recommend doing a quick search on the forum, as this has come up from time to time...

2 ways of doing movistars iptv....this is the way i do it.
It may or may not help you with your isp.
You already have the vlan numbers which is handy.
You need to have a static ip for the iptv device.

under lan and iptv use manual.
Allocate the iptv vlan to either lan port 3 or 4.

Forgot to mention..this is if you have a decoder box.
On movistars i had to go into the bx settings and setup the box with its stacic ip gateway and dns which i got from their poor router.

Attachments

• iptv.PNG
    iptv.PNG
    221.1 KB · Views: 1,193
I've already done the manual vlan thing but I wasn't curious enough to dig into the box settings, it may be it. I have the address, gateway and dns. When I get home I'll set them up and I'll tell whether it worked or not. Thank you anyway.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!