What's new

Bandwidth Control for Guest Network & L2TP/IPSec PSK

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hichkas

New Around Here
hi guys New one here :)
first of all i have to say thanks @[B]RMerlin[/B] for awesome firmware , Work for me flawlessly, well down.

i had Tp-link Archer D2 for my ADSL network and i was happy with that specially with easy setup for Bandwidth Control in Guest Network section because i have a lot of Guests and share my network sometimes with neighbors
Anyway i needed more wifi bandwidth for stream movie in my local network , bigger NAT size , Better Signal and VPN L2TP Client ... .
so i sold Tp-link Archer D2 and get Tp-link 8960N bridged to Asus RT-AC5300
i love this Monster RT-AC5300 Especially with Asus/Merlin WRT GUI
But Right now i'm cripple without Bandwidth Control for Guest Network
and sadly i can't use my L2TP vpn account because it most set Set IPSec pre-shared key
i hope we get these urgent feature ASAP But until That day ... what can i do? :(

Last edited:
Bandwidth limiter for Guest Network is something Asus is working on implementing.

No idea what their IPSEC plans are for their non-business models. Personally I don't have any plan to extend on the L2TP support.

Bandwidth limiter for Guest Network is something Asus is working on implementing.
No idea what their IPSEC plans are for their non-business models. Personally I don't have any plan to extend on the L2TP support.
as regards of your good relationship with asus please tell them Hurry up before some poor guy like me suffocate under internet Data price.o_O

The vpn reseller most use PSK Because my censorship government Block PPTP & OpenVpn(both way TCP/UDP) and L2tp work only have a PSK beside of Username and password.
if you reconsider to extend VPN i hope you don't forget us.
Thanks dear @RMerlin for answer my questions . Keep up the Good work
May the Force be with you .

The vpn reseller most use PSK Because my censorship government Block PPTP & OpenVpn(both way TCP/UDP) and L2tp work only have a PSK beside of Username and password.
if you reconsider to extend VPN i hope you don't forget us.

Look at using OpenVPN 2.4.0. It features a new encryption level that will also encrypt the control channel, obfuscating the protocol even further. So far one user reported that it allowed OpenVPN to get through his country's firewall.

I don't, I haven't been keeping track of development on this specific feature.